Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

daditto

My father in law told me that his scanner just stopped giving him any info about two weeks ago. I took it home last week and updated the database since I hadn't done that since March 2014. The latest database was 6/1/2014 so I loaded that to the Homepatrol 1. However, it is still not giving me anything. Firmware version: 2.04, database version: 6/1/2014. I am in El Paso TX, El Paso County and he really only wants El Paso Fire, Police, the Sheriffs and DPS.

I just don't know what else I need to do, but willing to try anything at this point to give him back his life :)

RF23

Premium Subscriber
My father in law told me that his scanner just stopped giving him any info about two weeks ago. I took it home last week and updated the database since I hadn't done that since March 2014. The latest database was 6/1/2014 so I loaded that to the Homepatrol 1. However, it is still not giving me anything. Firmware version: 2.04, database version: 6/1/2014. I am in El Paso TX, El Paso County and he really only wants El Paso Fire, Police, the Sheriffs and DPS.

I just don't know what else I need to do, but willing to try anything at this point to give him back his life :)

Are you using Zip Code or Favorites List to scan?

A possibility that could affect both of the above mentioned scan methods is you will need to have the appropriate "Service Types" activated and to accomplish this you will need to "Press Accept" at the bottom of the display or it will ignore all the "Service Types" you have chosen, if you are doing this from the HP-1 directly. However, if you use Sentinel and edit your "Profile" you can just check each box of the "Service Types" you want under the "Service Types" Tab. Also, while you are in your "Profile Edit mode" you should make for sure both "Monitor and Download" are turned on for the Favorite List you are using (if you are using a "Favorites List").

These are just the more common problems but they are others that will interfere with the proper operation of the HP-1.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
According to the database All of the El Paso County frequencies (county fire, Sheriff, VFDs) will be moving over to the new El Paso EDACS ProVoice system.

This may be the problem with his HP-1. ProVoice can not be received on any current scanner.

daditto

Thank you

I will definitely try the above common problem tips. If nothing then I will assume they are all on ProVoice and my scanner will be useless :(.

N8IAA

I will definitely try the above common problem tips. If nothing then I will assume they are all on ProVoice and my scanner will be useless :(.

I'm going to suggest that you ask the moderators to move this thread to the TX state forum.
If you click on the triangle edged in red in the upper right corner of your post, it will allow you to ask the mods to move it to the TX state forum to get better answers.
From the RR database, there is no EDACS system showing for El Paso. Just a P-25 system.
HTH,
Larry

JamesO

See if the scanner can actually pick up any NOAA channels.

Needs to make sure the Attenuator is not turned on as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.