Please Help. Moved to Multi Tower system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beartanner

First off, I have a PRO-106. This will be easy for some of you and will help me out dramatically. I just moved to and area (Savannah, Ga) (Chatham County, GA) which has a multi-tower system, three big, one little to be precise. The control channels on each tower are different, and I believe it does not simulcast, not positive though because I don't really know how to tell. First question, how do I tell if a TGRP broadcast simulcast, on first available tower out of four, or on just one specific tower? If a TGRP broadcast on a certain tower, does that mean for each TGRP I have to make a dupe object out of it for each of four towers to see which one is broadcast out of? That would take years, Savannah has a lot of TGRPs? If a TGRP broadcast on first available towers, do I have to have 3 or 4 objects per TGRP to cover all the towers? I think you can see why I'm pulling my hair out. I moved from a simple single tower trunked system of a fairly small town into this mess. What is my first step? How do I find out which TGRP belongs to what tower, if it is not simulcast? How do I set this thing up? Thanks a million for your time and help.

rmiller818

Let me give you an example.

Say an officer is in Savannah. His radio is going to affiliate with the closest site (the Savannah City Simulcast). When ever he talks on his radio, the traffic on that talkgroup will be heard over the Savannah City Simulcast site only. Now, lets say an officer has moved to a different location and his radio is getting a better signal from the Chatham county simulcast site, it will now affiliate with that site. Now, any traffic on that talkgroup will be heard over the Chatham County site as well as the Savannah City site.

In order to hear a specific talkgroup on a given site a radio set on that talkgroup must be affiliated with the system. (also possible that they could set it to always simulcast a specific talkgroup over a site as well).

Does that make sense?

beartanner

Continued..

I think I'm kind of getting it, but still confused. Let me ask this: So basically, if there are three towers in my county that all the city and county services use, (there are mulitple other cities besides Savannah here), then to follow lets say Narcotics Channel 1 for Savannah PD, ( I made that up), I need to place that TGRP (Narcotics Channel 1) under three separate scan list, with each one of the scan list containing a specific TSYS (tower)?

Thats what I did last night..

Scan list 1: TGRP Narcotics Channel 1 - TSYS Tower site 1
Scan list 2: TGRP Narcotics Channel 1 - TSYS Tower site 2
Scan list 3: TGRP Narcotics Channel 1 - TSYS Tower site 3

Then I just scanned, that way I can pick up that specific TGRP no matter what tower they use. Is that what I am supposed to do for each TGRP I want to follow? Associate it with each of three TSYS systems? Also, what Multi-Site setting should I place it on? STAT or none at all? Thanks so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.