Please help! need some scanner advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sar1397

Hello,

I'm a new member of RR however I have been reading your posts for a while now. I need some advice, my wife and I have been planning a trip to Yellowstone in the winter. we like it more then because it has much more animals and much fewer people. I'm fairly new to newer type scanners and honestly not very techno. What I want to do is have a scanner in my truck that I can listen to the NPS and Rangers in Yellowstone, additionally, I would like to listen to the wolf watchers that patrol the park. I thnk that most scanners could do this if I'm not mistaken, the wolf watchers are on 464.500 I believe most of the Park Service is on 154.500 and some others. My problem is if I go through the expense of buy, getting it programmed and installed in my truck I would also like to be able to listen to public service in my home area. I live in Delaware. here mostly they have a trunked 800 mhz system. I have read a ton of reviews with many scanners, My issue is a lot of it isn't a fact it's an opinion.So I ask for suggestions on something that would do both for me. Please including models and such along with pros and cons. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.