Please Help Virgin scanner in edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

warweed

Premium Subscriber
Well i guess i shouldn't say im a scanner because i have not yet purchased a scanner lol nor do i know anything at all about scanning but purhaps i can explain what is i wish to do and listen to and maybe you could help me find the *cheapest* mobile scanner i can find as i am relativly poor lol

Anyways here what i want to do .. i would really love to listen in on the the St. Albert RCMP, the Edmonton Public Safety and Public Works specifically the ETS talk groups Common talk groups the police talk groups ems and fire

alternativly i would also like to be able to broadcast on the input frequancys

on a side note always thought it would be fun messing with mcdonalds up the street from me is this a frequancy i can scan / transmit on ?

does anyone also know a source for used scanner/transceivers in edmonton or within 200 km of edmonton ?

Cheers,
-James

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Do not transmit!!!!!!!!!!!1

If you do not have a licence to transmit on these frequencies DO NOT TRANSMIT!!!!! PERIOD. Stick to listening only. If you want to transmit, contact each licenced user to obtain their permission, then contact Industry Canada. This is not a joke!!!! And to think it is funny, it is NOT!

omrail

alternativly i would also like to be able to broadcast on the input frequancys

on a side note always thought it would be fun messing with mcdonalds up the street from me is this a frequancy i can scan / transmit on ?

Cheers,
-James

i will not help you as you can not by law broadcast at all. only users that the radio admins give permission. playing around with fast food can find you in front of the law and lots of $$$$.

Last edited:

BC_Scan

Oh my God !

Gee I guess we should just go balls out all the way to help this guy and give local law enforcement another reason to consider full time encryption on their signal, , lets see perhaps we should make a sub forum to alert local officials of their secret desire "alternativly i would also like to be able to broadcast on the input frequancys"
Gosh this is brilliant , what possible enjoyment or purpose could there serve to have this ability ??
Maybe it is time to go back to english school and learn how to spell !
Time to lock this one down and pass his information along to his local detatchement, can you say nut job ??
Sorry for the harshness but if you display whacker tendencies you should just get whacked.

scnnr

Warweed

Seriously though don't join up here asking silly questions like that. You will get no where with them. If you are really that unknowledgable about then you will get educated very fast here on this site.

SCPD

QRT
This guy has wacker written all over him .. as a result I will not provide any information for him and I think others should do the same.

warweed

Premium Subscriber
Sorry

Im sorry i really did not intend to break the law i had no idea it was such a serious offence .. really i didn't im a complete n00b to this i just thought it would be kinda funny to order a double big mac at mcdonalds a block away with no one there im sure you could understand the adelescent humor in this .. i did not realize this would be such a criminal offence and im sorry transmission aside if i was just wanting to learn and listen what would you suggest .. just from a scanning prospective ? again im sorry i did not mean to come off the way i did at all

-James

warweed

Premium Subscriber
whats this wacker refferance ? its not very nice to make a judgement based off one comment .. thats like calling some one a *** for saying you like there hair cut .. it's very much a generalization .. the short and sweet is im un educated in this feild and i didn't realize that it was a offence i assumed that beign the input frequancys were in the RR db that people broadcasted on these frequancy as for taking a hit on my grammer and spelling well im sorry people have said i have a learning disability were im not able to enter grammer like normal people while im typing it doesn't come naturally to me the only way i can put grammer in is to re read my posts and enter it in while re reading .. so im sorry but it is very hard for me .. if there are people in edmonton that would be willing to teach or some sort of group or club were i can become more educated on a local level i would be more then happy to sit down and learn as this sort of thing intrests me ..

thank you again for your help and im sorry if i came of on the wrong foot

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Unfortunately sir, you made it clear that you wanted help to transmit on a bunch of public safety (read EPS, AHS, EFR, RCMP) and public transit frequencies, and as such, there is no one here that is willing to help you achieve this goal.

If you want to learn about 'wackers' search it using the forum search function.

Status
Not open for further replies.