DSDPlus Please Help with Decoding, I can't figure this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

norton420

I used to be into the old school Radio Shack Scanners, but a few years ago in my area, Idaho Falls, Id (Bonneville County) started encrypting their frequencies. I just recently found out RTL-SDR and purchased two of them to use with DSDPlus Fastlane. I can now hear agencies up to 60 miles away. But still can not decode the police in my area. But I can in others. I don't know if maybe I have the scripts incorrect or if Bonneville County is using some other type of encryption. The strange thing I see sometimes is on the DSD+ CC Event log is a Group call that is not encrypted but on the DSD+ VC Event log, it shows encrypted.

If someone could tell me if it is even possible to decode their frequency or if I am doing something wrong would be great. I have spent so many hours trying to figure this out. I have attached a screenshot of my area and a screenshot of the event logs.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 74

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hello & welcome to the RR forums. Take a look at the database page at the talkgroup tables & focus on the "Mode" column. Any talkgroup designated as mode "DE" with a capital "E" is encrypted full time meaning that it cannot be tracked with a scanner, SDR, nothing. Those designated as mode "De" with a lowercase "e" are partially encrypted (part-time) Though TGID-10001 is listed in the DB as partially-encrypted, it may be possible that the agency is now encrypting full time but no one submitted the update to the DB. If this is the case then unfortunately there are no scripts a user can enter to decrypt them. Once they switch on the "big-E" the hobbyist is out of luck. Sorry, wish I had better news for you

norton420

Thank you both for the explanation, I was thinking that maybe I had the wrong setup. I love having the RTL-SDR I can still pick up Fire and EMS and a few other Police farther away. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.