Please help with pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadetobolivia

Ok, so Im a SF police officer and I got a pro-97 scanner to leave at home so the wife can listen in if she wants from home. I think it would help her from worrying so much. Anyways... I found the SF Publice service page here on radioreference at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=60

I know the frequencies i have to use are : 866.22500 and 866.96250

The talk-groups Id like the scanner to listen in on are:
12848 323 SFPD A1 Dispatch Company A B J TI Central Southern
12880 325 SFPD A2 Service Company A B J TI

I am extremely new to this - how do I program my scanner? And is there a way to scan both talk-groups at the same time? (Ive read http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Programming_Shortcut_Pro-97 , but I cant get it to just scan those two talkgroups for some reason.)

I have the usb cable and Win97, if that helps.

n2mdk

OK I'll make this easy here is a p97 file for Win97 load it into the program and take a look at it.
Since you have the cable you can load it into the scanner it should work.
I have both sites programmed in, in different banks, the banks are closed and only those 2 talkgroups are programmed in.

Attachments

• SFPD.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 18

N8IAA

Just so you know, the Tac channels, Narcotics, and Command TG's are digital. The different companies are still analog. She should be able to hear normal traffic, but not any Tac TG's. Jerri made up a file for you. It will work.
Larry

fadetobolivia

OK I'll make this easy here is a p97 file for Win97 load it into the program and take a look at it.
Since you have the cable you can load it into the scanner it should work.
I have both sites programmed in, in different banks, the banks are closed and only those 2 talkgroups are programmed in.

Wow, perfect. Thanks a lot. Hopefully Ill get the hang of this stuff.

Highpockets said:
Looks like they are in wave 1 of rebanding.

Just out of curiosity, what does this mean?

N8IAA said:
Just so you know, the Tac channels, Narcotics, and Command TG's are digital. The different companies are still analog. She should be able to hear normal traffic, but not any Tac TG's. Jerri made up a file for you. It will work.
Larry

That's alright... Im not a Tac hotshot ;) My main concern is that Im due for a transfer in a few days, so I might have to alter the programed talkgroups without breaking anything... it would just be a matter of changing the talkgroups in win97, right?

n2mdk

Looks like they are in wave 1 of rebanding.

I'm not 100% sure but looking at the 2 sites the second site looks like it may have been moved secondary to Rebanding issues. See here http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Rebanding
It's a simple matter of adding or changing the TGIDs in Win97 or manually hit PGM TRUNK and put the TGID in.
The TGIDs are on the right lower corner of Win97

Status
Not open for further replies.