please help with unusual pro-94 prob...

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody426

I have done a full reset of my Radio Shack Pro-94 handheld a couple times, however our local sherrif's freq is still active although it doesn't show on any channel. This is a very active freq and is not one I typically listen to. Any thoughs on how to truly clear the memory or get around this problem? THanks for any help you can give.

Last edited:

woody426

Yeah, tried that a couple times...cleared all "visable" channels, but this one remains "hidden" and is active whether in manual or scan. This one's got me stumped. Even the local Radio Shack had no clue.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If you switch from the "A" block of memory, to the "B" block, does it go away?

BaLa

You have likely been messing with it for a while...

I got a used Pro92b off e-bay some time ago, when I first got it, I could not get it to work at all.

All of a sudden it started working after a day or so (I had it plugged into an A/C Adapter).

Now I just leave it on 24/7.
For some reason if it looses power for a certain amount of time, It quits working even with the squelch turned down all the way it wont stop on any channels.

Different scanner but it could be a possibility.

woody426

DaveIN said:
If you switch from the "A" block of memory, to the "B" block, does it go away?

This "phantom" freq is on both A and B blocks. Just to be sure, I did a full memory clear while on both blocks...no luck.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Is this a PRO-94"B"? If so, did you use ScanCat Lite to program it, or did you program it by hand?

woody426

No, not a "B" and it was programmed by hand. After doing a memory reset...I didn't put any frequencies back into it and it still receives this one very persistant channel. Thanks for you help...I've just about given up on the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.