PLEASE help with WiFi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsmannj

I've been trying to connect my 536 to my computer via WiFi but can't seem to get it connected. I go to set connection on the menu. Then I go to infrastructure. It then ask me for a password [which I don't know] but sometimes my networks will display. I go to one of them press E and I get a connection error. I'm not sure why! ANY help would be great Thank you.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully someone with greater network knowledge than I can jump in and give you a better answer.

Depending upon the router you are using, it is possible there is a sticker on the side of it which shows its password. You might try entering that when a password is requested.

sfd119

...what are you trying to do with the 536 and Wifi? As far as I'm aware, you can't do anything with it yet.

upsmannj

sfd119 I was trying to download my favorites list from the computer to the radio without having to disconnect it from one room to another.

bama9999

sfd119 I was trying to download my favorites list from the computer to the radio without having to disconnect it from one room to another.

It won't do that. Matter of fact, without the SIREN app, the wifi module don't do anything, other than just connect to your network.

sfd119

upsmannj,

You can't do that via Wifi. You can however, get an SD Card adapter and just take the MicroSD out and put it in the adapter, plug it into your computer, and then program it that way.

JamesO

upsmannj,

You can't do that via Wifi. You can however, get an SD Card adapter and just take the MicroSD out and put it in the adapter, plug it into your computer, and then program it that way.

^^^^^ This is your answer.

Uniden's WiFi will ever be able to do this.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
upsmannj,

That's one of the nice features about this scanner - being able to re-program it by taking the SD card from the scanner and connecting it to a computer.

Be sure you've powered the scanner down before removing the card.

When you get the SD card connected to your computer, Sentinel will recognize the SD card as being the scanner (at least for programming purposes). There are no "special" steps needed - simply connect the card to the computer.

W4BFA

Premium Subscriber
My WiFi password has characters and letters mixed in with numbers. I haven't found the method to enter those yet.

Did I miss those instructions in the manual, or do I need to enter those via a USB cable directly from a computer?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
My WiFi password has characters and letters mixed in with numbers. I haven't found the method to enter those yet.

Did I miss those instructions in the manual, or do I need to enter those via a USB cable directly from a computer?

My wifi password is all upper and lower characters, which I could enter with no problem - but being familiar with Uniden's character entry, I think you can just rotate the large knob to choose uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and select punctuation and symbols. I'm pretty sure they don't display the entire ASCII character set, so if you have some particularly exotic characters in your password, you may have to choose between that level of security and connecting your scanner to wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.