please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
is there anyone who has texas game warden radio freq.?

Let me know if you ever hear them...

I live near 3 game wardens (2 in one house, another down the road) and never hear these guys on any frequency. Are we sure they have to call in daily?

I've only heard 2 unit numbers on TXP&W before (a 23XX and a 33XX)- does anyone know their numbering system?

Sorry about the hijack...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
151.4150 - Dispatches to Austin
159.2700 - Game Warden LE Channel.

Max, do you hear anything on these on a regular basis? I mean I'm practically in between the Austin Dispatch and the SA Regional Office, I always have that bank on, and maybe about one transmission a week. Is that typical?

I'm not saying they aren't on these channels but I'm not going to say these are their main channels either...

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Our game wardens run a lot of traffic on the sheriff primary channel. But yes, they do use 159.270 on a slow, but regular basis. They use DTMF to dial into Houston in this area using either the Waller repeater or the Huntsville repeater. I know the 159.270 repeaters are supposed to have a PL, but when they are using DTMF, I don't get a PL or DPL on my scanner. I have heard traffic on 151.355 CSQ before that sounded like Game Wardens setting up on some illegal spotlight hunting.

bpckty1

The game wardens also have talkgroups on Starnet, and I presume on some of the other Law Enforcement trunked radio systems such as LCRA, Austin/Travis County, etc.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Our game wardens run a lot of traffic on the sheriff primary channel. But yes, they do use 159.270 on a slow, but regular basis. They use DTMF to dial into Houston in this area using either the Waller repeater or the Huntsville repeater. I know the 159.270 repeaters are supposed to have a PL, but when they are using DTMF, I don't get a PL or DPL on my scanner. I have heard traffic on 151.355 CSQ before that sounded like Game Wardens setting up on some illegal spotlight hunting.

I always wondered how that worked. I assumed they used a PL on the input to trigger the repeater they wanted. I don't get a PL on 159.27 about half the time. I guess I hear the Grapevine repeater mostly from my location in Allen. What other 159.27 repeaters are in use in NE Texas? In Austin they have a TG on LCRA and Austin/TC, but I never hear them there.

Russell

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Lcra Tx P&w

They do have an LCRA EDACS tgid (1397), but I'm not sure if they have any others- I don't know about anyone in my area but I've only seen this tgid pop up once with no voice-

nd5y

None of the repeaters I have ever heard in N TX have PL, at least on the output.
They have been using PL 110.9 on 151.355 around here the past few years.

Anybody else remember the rotary pulse dial encoders back before DTMF?

bpckty1

More than a few years ago, a game warden told me that the PWLS system was the only state system that could talk from one end of the state to the other using the DTMF codes. He didn't demonstrate it, but I had no reason to not believe him. This forum topic seems to confirm what he said.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
*Beep BEEP Bawp Beep* "9104 to Houston" "9104 to Houston" "Hello Houston" "Nine One Zero Four to H-O-U-S-T-O-N" "9104 out"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.