please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlande

I just bought a bcd396 xt apco 25 scanner and now believe I am in over my head. I was hoping I could figure it out but.....no. I am not good with a computer....I did get the freescan software...the adapter to plug it into my computer (I do know where to plug it in) I have a 6 month subscription to RR but now I am at a loss ANYONE able to help me

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Help

if you could give an idea of your location, someone might be able to send you a file they have already done to get you started. You could load it into your scanner and study it to get an idea of what to do to create your own.

ka3nxn

Premium Subscriber
Without knowing where you are located and what exactly you are trying to monitor we are as lost as you are. So first of all where are you? State, town, city? What are you trying to monitor with your new 396? Police, fire, ems, ... The list is endless.

You really need to be much more specific.
I'll be happy to help. I own two 396 scanners and they are nice units.

Jaime-KA3NXN

jlande

help

I live in Ankeny iowa. I want to listen to Ankeny,polk county, fire police,desmoines and maybe story county if I can learn how to program it the way I have my radio shack pro 528

jlande

from what I have read this is the scanner I have wanted for years finally saved up the money and have had it silent since the day I bought it

timkilbride

Database Admin
The radio does have a sharp learning curve. Polk County/Ankeney is on the RACOM system which is "EDACS-WIDE". The City of Des Moines uses "CONVENTIONAL". I have never used FreeScan so it would be hard for me to point you around in the software.

Tim

Sisilija

Premium Subscriber
jlande - PM me your email address and I will send you a couple files. Simply upload them to your scanner and you'll be set for all Des Moines conventional freqs and WestCom

iascanguy

jlande - PM me your email address and I will send you a couple files. Simply upload them to your scanner and you'll be set for all Des Moines conventional freqs and WestCom

PM me your email as well. I can send you a freescan file with what I have for Polk Co, including Ankeny, and Story County.

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.