Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

simadownow6988

Premium Subscriber
Hello!

I bought a Whistler WS1065 and I am having fits trying to program it. I downloaded the Win500 software and merged the radioreference stuff into it (well, the stuff I wanted), and I cannot get this thing to work! I kept the scanner on all night long and nothing came up. I did all the AWIN stuff I wanted to hear on channel 1 and I even put the conventional stuff in on channel 2, but still nothing.
Can anyone help me? Im in the fort smith area.

Thank you!

Jon

poppafred

Check and be certain global attenuate is not on. I bought a used digital scanner and the previous owner had similar problems so he sold it. I discovered he had turned on global attenuate some how and once I turned it off, the scanner worked perfectly. I don't own a Whistler, so, I can't offer anything else.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Other people have posted similar things before and it typically means it just isn't programmed correctly. Not having that software myself makes it difficult to help. However, I'll try. First off, what do you mean by channel? You can't have anything AWIN on a single "channel" as it is a trunked system requiring the control channels for your local sites to be programmed as a system and then the talkgroups you want to listen to also programmed to said system. I'm assuming you mean scanlist 1 and scanlist 2 but just making sure.

Can you post a screenshot of the Win500 software showing what you have for AWIN?

wbswetnam

I used to own the Radio Shack Pro-197, which is virtually identical to the Whistler WS 1065. I programmed the unit directly through its front keyboard since I was too cheap to pay $40 for a programming cable and $100 for programming software. I'm not sure what you mean by "the AWIN stuff I wanted to hear on channel 1 and I even put the conventional stuff in on channel 2" - I think you mean scan lists and not channels, right? I'd venture to guess that you don't have the scan lists enabled properly. Make certain that you have the scan lists enabled for scanning through the Win500 software.

Also, you might have better luck if you post your request in the Whistler forum and not the Arkansas forum.

teufler

fort smith file

try this file. Scan lists are 1 and 2. I'm sure I gave you more than you want but you can read the file in arc 500 and delete what you don't want. Per RR rules, files is zipped

Attachments

• fort smith, ark.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.