Please I Need Help With My New Scanner Bc246t

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiana

My New Scanner Bc246t I Just Got It Yesterday But.............. I Didnt Think That It Was Not Gonna Be Programmed Already For It To Work Here In My Area

God Please If Someone Knows How To Programm This Kind Of Scanner Please Help Me

The Book That It Come With It Doesnt Really Show How To Do It, It Tells Ya To Go To Websites But Then There Is Nothing There That I Can Do

I Live In Apalachicola , Florida

wyldman

I would suggest taking your time and reading slowly through the manual,and getting to know your scanner.There is an easier to understand manual somewhere online,try searching here to find it.Searching these forums for more help will bring up alot more info as well.

I would also recommend downloading the ARC246 software from Butel,as it's much more user friendly.

With a little reading,you should be able to get it up and running.Learning how the scanner works now will help make it more enjoyable in the long run.

cubn

Database Admin
Introduction to Programming the Uniden BC246T

Here is a quick step by step guide to programming the BC246T:

To clear all the default data, while turning the radio on, you need to be holding down the “hold”, “2” and “9” buttons to reset the memory (while also holding down the power button).

After the memory is clear, you need to hit the ‘menu’ button on the left side of the radio. When it displays “Program system”, hit the “E” key. Then hit “E” on “new system” and then hit “E” for Conventional system. Hit “E” when it asks to confirm yes or no.

Scroll to “edit group” and hit “E”. “new group” and hit “E”. scroll to edit channel and hit “E”. “New channel” and hit “E”. Then enter the frequency and hit “E’. Then hit “menu” to go back a level and scroll until you see “new channel” again and repeat the process until you’ve entered in all the frequencies you want to monitor. Use the “menu” button whenever you need to step back to the previous menu.

This is a very brief introduction. If you need help or want more info, please reply. You can add alpha tags to the frequencies too by using the “edit name” option. I use the Butel ARC246 software to program my radio and it is a lot easier than programming the radio by hand if you plan to program in many systems.

Also, this page will be of interest to you:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=334

I don't know if your city is patrolled by the county sheriff of if the city has their own pd. The Radioreference.com database doesn't show any frequency for your city, but you can try 155.805 and see what you here on there.

Hope that helps. The BC246T is a great radio.

kiana

thank you guys, I been working on it everytime I had a chance reading the manual slowly but see I try the steps on the book but then is like I just dont know what to do after uhhhhhh I swear if I would have known that this was gonna be this difficult I would have never bought the damn thing.
I called on the phone and those idiots didnt help me ither.
please any other tips you guys have please let me know so I can keep tring everything

thank you so much for the help

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If this is the county you live in, then you need to create a Conventional system for the frequencies. I'm basing this on your previous post that you live in Apalachicola.

Once you create a new sytem, then add a group and add channels to that group. Text tag those channels as to usage.

This can be done manually, on the scanner. See the link duckbird provided, & follow the steps. Start at the link to "Convenventional Systems" to create a new one.

However, this is much easier to do, and to understand, using software. You see the whole picture on the pc screen before downloading it to the scanner. It's also much easier to enter your text tags there, using the pc keyboard, than using the keypad and scrollwheel on the scanner. Uniden's software is one option. If you become a Premium Subscriber to this site, and purchase the Butel software, you would be able to download trunked and conventional systems from RadioReference into the software, then load them into the scanner. I believe you can download Butel's software for a limited time trial.

kiana

Yes, I Do Live In Apalachicola And I Did Find Some Of The Franklin County Frequencys But See I Try Doing The New System Thing But There Is Lots Of Choices Once You Get There, So My Problem Right Now Is How Do I Get From Here To There You Know What Im Saying? Like Ok I Need Some Kind Of Guide Where It Can Tell Me Step By Step Where Do I Begin And Where Do I Finish Once I Got The Frequency From My County In And The Rest Of The Stuff I Just Dont Know How To Enter Them.

Is There A Guide Where I Can Get Like Step By Step Info About Programming This Thing?

jastx

This can be a bit overwhelming if you aren't familiar with radios. The manual assumes you know how you want to organize things. Let's get one thing working, and then you can proceed from there. Below are the minimum setting you need to make. As you learn more you can set other things, but ignore them for now.

You will need to create a conventional radio system. See page 53 of the manual that came in the box. For the system name, use "Franklin County" as described on page 63.

Assign it to quick key 1 as describe on page 63.

Then flip back to Setting up a channel group on page 53. Call it "Sheriff's Office".

Assign the group to quick key 1 as described on page 72.

Open a web browser to the link provided by cubn. Using the frequencies in the green column, add six channels (the ones that say "Sheriff's Office" in the description column) to the system as described on page 54.

You should now be able to monitor them. Press the SCAN button to do this.

You can then add other groups to your "Franklin County" system such as "Fire" and "EMS".

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.