Please recommend me 2 scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
I am going to be purchasing two scanners - one for my house and one for the car. I would like a mobile/base for the house and a handheld for the car (that I'll have permenantly connected to the vehicle's power, as well as antenna and external powered speaker).

Both have to be compatible with the rebanding (come on, I'm spending the money now, I don't want it to be obsolete), APCO 25, text tags and preferably, computer controlled and programable.

Is the 996 going to cause the BC796D going to be obsolete soon? Also, I'm thinking 296 or 396 for the handheld.

Thanks for the info.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well this is the RadioShack forum so If you want RadioShack that will survive rebanding then go with the PRO-96 and PRO-2096. If you want Uniden, the 796 and 996 are rebanding suported as is the 396 and 296 handhelds. The 296/796 are now discontinued but still available at some internet dealers or ebay.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
no one can guarantee any scanner will survive rebanding. Neither Uniden nor Radio Shack knows, as the Motorola solution has not yet been released. So either wait to take your chances.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
OOPS!

How about... "Wrong Forum". Sorry, Can a mod close this?

Thanks!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Since you have the other one in the Uniden forum, I will be glad to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.