Please say a little prayer for a member who lost his wife recently.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Hi all, I've been a member here since 2003, not overly active, I have a low post count, I prefer to observe cus when I post, I usually end up getting myself in trouble. At the risk of doing it again, I'd like to post something and if the mods are upset, so be it.

We have a member here who's VERY active on the Uniden threads, While dialog was occurring last week, he commented on one of my posts totally out of the blue mentioning that how nice it was to get a chuckle, his wife had died the night before, I've put a link to that post below. I tried to get open dialog with him but as men are, they don't reach out (other than mentioning he needed to by saying it to begin with) and he was more concerned with taking the thread off topic/hijacking than talking, so he'll probably be mad at me for this.... sorry :cautious:..oh well. :giggle:

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/sds200-serial-number-has-the-fix.388248/page-4#post-3143001

I'm not a religious person, far from it but I know what it feels like to be dealing with the loss of a loved one and any thought, even just an IM helped each day, till I had the strength to stand alone.... and we need to remember at times that a community is about more than it's core topic (radios in this case) and occasionally we need to just reach out and ask someone how they're doing, I suspect Eaf could use that reach out this week, till he has that strength again.

Eaf1956 (Ed) has been a member here since May 2007, and is a very active contributor.... I'm posting this in this section in the hopes that you all, if have a second can take a moment to say a little prayer for both he and his wife who we lost, his profile is below.

https://forums.radioreference.com/members/eaf1956.114819/

Can you please take a read of this, and remember a brother this week, if you have a moment say a prayer for him, his wife and the family she left behind, if not religious then just take a moment to think about how quickly it could be someone you know or love and give them a hug. Either way, if you have time, maybe reach out in an IM to make sure he knows there are people he can talk to:

Sherry "Mary" Fisher | Sunsetevansville

Thank you everyone, and God bless...

Sorry Eaf, I know you don't know me well, but we're all still humans and we all need to still care, and we do..... Hugs.

Jen

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Prayers and an IM offered. I will say a Novena of Masses for the repose of her soul with Our Father.

Fr. Bill Leaming, Society of St. Gregory (SSG)

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Sorry for your lose. My sincere well wishes for you in your time of grief. Know that's she's moved on to a far better place and will always be there for you and everyone.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Matthew 5:4

CrabbyMilton

You can count on me for prayers for him.
I've never been married so I can't even begin to understand the passing of a wife though I know what it's like to have friends and relatives pass away. Never easy even when it's expected.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Sorry for your lose. My sincere well wishes for you in your time of grief. Know that's she's moved on to a far better place and will always be there for you and everyone.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Matthew 5:4
Beautiful words, thank you sir...

jjbond

Banned
Banned
My lovely wife not so long ago on vacation in Florida. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Wow... such a gentle soul, you can see it right away.... not many that genuine left in the world....beautiful picture. Anyone who wears a Scratch from Ice Age t-shirt is numero uno in my books.... ;)

No thanks necessary, thank YOU for not being upset that I did the post...