Please withdraw my scanner feed application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo...you dont want to drop 2bucks on a audio patch,you dont want to pony up some greenbacks for a fella to accommodate your particular needs...

You want the feed for free,you want the custom software programming for free...Ummmm.....crony capitalism...No...Just a guy that wants some compensation for his skills and time...

PeterGV

K1PGV
Hi Guys,

I know I haven't been around here much lately. I've been spending more of my radio time hamming and less time scanning. I *have* missed a number of you, though. Seriously.

So, I awoke this morning to an email from K8CPA that read "One of your friends?" and a few more things... and attached the unedited version of the email shown in post #11 above.

It warmed my know that someone would take the time and effort to send such an email on my behalf. To whoever wrote it: Thanks very much for sending it. It's one of the nicest presents I've received in a while.

And I want to thank everyone in this thread who took the time to say positive things about me or ScannerCast. I really do appreciate it.

I think we can all agree Mr. K8CPA has problems. And that is what it is, right?

I originally wrote ScannerCast to solve an internal problem that I had in shipping audio from my scanner around my LAN and around the Internet. I was happy to work with Lindsay and Gordon to customize it to allow trivial logon and configuration of streams to RR.

I was not paid to write ScannerCast, I have never accepted any money from a private user of ScannerCast, and to this day RR/Broadcastify has paid only the smallest of license fees for the rights to use ScannerCast internally and distribute it to users of their service. I am also not, as is often assumed by casual users, associated in anyway (other than through friendship) with RR/Broadcastify. I'm not an employee. I don't own stock.

As to the over-arching question of future upgrades to ScannerCast functionality: As I told Mr. K8CPA, I'm not planning any. I started a major upgrade/cleanup about two years ago, when the little free time that I have was sucked up by running the software company that I own. Of course, like most people, my priorities could be changed. If a commercial concern wanted to fork over a significant chunk of change, I'd be happy to make ScannerCast do whatever they want it to do. That's not "crony capitalism"... that's called "trading family time for extra spending money." I don't know about you, but I don't my "family time" cheap.

So, there you have it.

Thanks, my friends, for your support. Those of you who are on HF, I hope to catch you on the air sometime.

Ah: One final request, if the mods would be so kind: Would a mod please edit Mr. K8CPA's posts to remove the detailed email headers that were posted? The stuff, for example, from the line starting "x-store-info" to the line starting "X-ArrivalTime"... This isn't critical, but -- in the interest of security -- there's no point in exposing my business email address, the internal name of my company's Exchange Server, or the routing path from our internal Exchange Server here for all to harvest.

Thanks...

Peter
K1PGV

Last edited:

muchomorek

Premium Subscriber
...and with that, I am done with this forum. I'll check in now and again, to see if there's anything new. I don't want to be around such nonsense. Sense of entitlement? Not hardly.

Why do you publish private IP in Email Header?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thanks, my friends, for your support. Those of you who are on HF, I hope to catch you on the air sometime.

Ah: One final request, if the mods would be so kind: Would a mod please edit Mr. K8CPA's posts to remove the detailed email headers that were posted? The stuff, for example, from the line starting "x-store-info" to the line starting "X-ArrivalTime"... This isn't critical, but -- in the interest of security -- there's no point in exposing my business email address, the internal name of my company's Exchange Server, or the routing path from our internal Exchange Server here for all to harvest.

Thanks...

Peter
K1PGV

I've removed the email headers at your request. I agree that they were totally unnecessary and just a huge waste of space.

Add myself to the list of people extremely satisfied with ScannerCast. I've used it for many, many years and I've never had a problem with it. Thanks for your efforts!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
anyhow, I check out the alternative and it didn't work. So, I guess I am done here. Gonna go play radio, too many nasty people in the scanner world.

Yes, that is true.

Too many people who expect other people to use their personal time to add features to an already great program and then complain when the developer won't do it.

Chuck, I would think by now, you would realize that the public sentiment is against you and you would step back and rethink your position.

K8cpa-chuck

This dude tells me to "Eat a bag of dicks" and I am the one with the problem?

Wow... Just Wow.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Whoever sent that nasty email to K8CPA is a jerk.

You know folks, this entire thread could have been avoided if someone would have just responded to K8CPA with

"Use RadioFeed - it supports the BCD536 scanner for text tags, works perfectly with Broadcastify, and it's free"

ProScan

Closing...

Status
Not open for further replies.