Plectron paging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
I've recorded a fire department's tone-out sequence and it seems to match up close with Plectron tones. (If it matters -- I used the "Scanrec" program to record the audio, the "Audacity" program to see where the tone-outs were in the sound file, and ran them through the "Tuner12" program a few times to grab the tones.)

There is a short initial tone of 1082.0, followed by a longer tone of 910.0, and then there are five or six alert beeps. I'm assuming the alert beeps are just to get firefighters' attention after the pager has opened.

Does this sound like Plectron paging in use?

nozzlenut83

Yup

Sounds like it to me.

Plectron paging timing usually comes in three varieties.

3 second A tone, followed by 1 second B tone
1 second A tone, followed by 3 second B tone
8 second single tone

This is the general standard, sometimes systems will vary from this slightly.
nozzlenut83

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

I would say this was 3 seconds of A tone followed by 1 second of B tone.

Would this work with Uniden's fire tone out feature? I've gotten it to work with the Quick Call II, but for those the first tone is short, followed by the longer tone.

D

DaveNF2G

As long as you have kept the firmware in your 396 or 996 up to date, it should be able to decode any of the Plectron timing standards.

the little beeps at the end are called red tones... atleast where im from. Our stations have two sets of tones, white tones and red tones. White tones are used for medical calls and fire alarms, car accidents and normal calls where red tones are used for higher scale stuff like actual fires, MABAS boxes and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.