Plectron R-720 Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

I own (4) Plectron R-720 VHF Receivers that I use for 154Mhz Fire Departments around Metro Indianapolis/Marion County,Indiana. I have (1) R-720 that is working fine but the little red light has burned out and I would like to replace it .Can anyone here let me know where I can find the light builb that I need as I will be doing this myself.If anyone can assist me on this I would appreceite it.Thank You.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Have you looked at the lamp itself? There should be a small number etched or stamped into the base. "GE47" would be a #47 lamp, with that particular lamp made by GE. (A #47 from any manufacturer should be a suitable replacement, in that case.)

W9NES

Thanks KC8vlv, I was aware of him but as I said in my post Alll I need is the bulb or LED to repair it myself.The R-720 does not take a bulb. The R-700 does.

kc8vlv

the l.e.d. bulb uses less voltage, than the wheat/original bulb, if you use the led are you going to retrofit both bulbs?

W9NES

No,I want the bulb that is currently in the radio and replace it with the same bulb.I have talked to the owner at Wallace and he wants $50.00 for just a bulb.That bulb cost less than $50.00.Does anyone have a Plectron R-720 setting around that is not working and could be used for parts? I could use the complete light bulb unit.If anyone has one please advise.Thanks

W9NES

I fixed the Plectron R-720 LED indicator myself. This was not a bulb as like the Plectron R-700.Very simple.Take the case off the radio, remove some screws to get access to the LED.Unplug the power leads to the LED. Take it out. Put in New LED and hook the power lead back to the LED. Works great.I was luckly that I had a LED in a junk box that was a great fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.