Plenty of scanner activity on Monday, April 8th - Eclipse Day

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
If it's anything like the one that passed over WY back in 2017, there will be plenty for sure! A good portion of the knuckleheads that invaded my state ended up in jail. :ROFLMAO: Lots of trespassing, fights, public intox, drug possession, etc... When it was over, everyone decided to leave at the same time and created the largest traffic jam in Wyoming history! wyoming eclipse 2017 traffic - Google Search

Blackink

I'm fully expecting the same results as what you experienced.
I hope that such a great adventure for many people won't be a disappointment in the end due to misbehaved individuals.

Blackink

Things went rather smoothly around Central Vermont. I didn't hear too much for negligent activities but the traffic both coming here and then leaving here snarled the interstates around here!

The eclipse was awesome!!!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Just north of the city line of Philadelphia we had 90% occlusion. It was cloudy but it got dark-er.

I don't trust any of the glasses for sale even though I'm sure some were legitimate but I enjoyed the ambiance, the reduction in ambient light, but especially the birds going nuts, dogs barking, cats freaked out. Just glad to be outside as it got darker.

Last edited:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Things went rather smoothly around Central Vermont. I didn't hear too much for negligent activities but the traffic both coming here and then leaving here snarled the interstates around here!

The eclipse was awesome!!!
I saw the traffic cams and witness reports. There was slow moving traffic jams on highways even after 12am as people were trying to get back home. Somebody said they left Upstate NY near Plattsburg, NY and didn't enter the Thruway at Albany until 3x the normal timeframe, what was usually maybe a 3 hour drive was 8+ hours. The lines at the gas stations were ya know sort of like hurricane evacuation levels long.

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
I saw the traffic cams and witness reports. There was slow moving traffic jams on highways even after 12am as people were trying to get back home. Somebody said they left Upstate NY near Plattsburg, NY and didn't enter the Thruway at Albany until 3x the normal timeframe, what was usually maybe a 3 hour drive was 8+ hours. The lines at the gas stations were ya know sort of like hurricane evacuation levels long.
Lots of places ran out of everything here back in '17. Quite a few gas stations went dry, and having all the fuel tankers stuck in the mess didn't help matters at all.

Blackink

When the totality hit, the mosquitos came out crazy like!! First time this Spring I've seen 'em. Once totality was done, the mosquitos were gone!

For those interested, here's 2 1/2 hours of an eclipse squeezed into a 50 second video.
Disclaimer: I have had no professional training on using a digital camera during an eclipse and then using a video editor to put those pictures together!!!!
Enjoy:

Steve in Central Vermont