Pls help me understand these 3 satellite tracking screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hextejas

I took these 3 pictures of the same satellite (CAS4A) at close to the same time so as to illustrate my confusion. So let me see if I can post them in some sort of order. I live in Houston TX.
ScreenShot(SS) #1 If you look at the 1st line it says that the bird will start at 5:49:24, then not again until tomorrow. This seems to conflict with SS#2 which says Start Azimuth at JUN 30, 07:56. Why are they different and SS #2 and #3 look to me to show it visible and reachable.
#1 and #2 are from N2YO.com. #3 is from Heavens Above. GOSATWATCH on my IPhone agrees with Heavens Above.
Are the TLE numbers updated frequently ? When ?
#1 CAS4A-2.png

#2 CAS4A-3.png

#3 CAS4A-1.png

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Not sure what happened to your images, but they are not in your message.

K4EET

Chaplain
hextejas, it almost looks like you used the "Insert link (Ctrl+K)" function rather than the "Insert image (Ctrl+P)" function. I say that because when I click on the graphic by your filename, Radio Reference responds with "The requested page could not be found." Since it appears to be trying to pull a webpage, that is why I'm thinking you may have used the "Insert link" function. Please try again using "Ctrl+P" as a shortcut.

hextejas

I took these 3 pictures of the same satellite (CAS4A) at close to the same time so as to illustrate my confusion. So let me see if I can post them in some sort of order. I live in Houston TX.
ScreenShot(SS) #1 If you look at the 1st line it says that the bird will start at 5:49:24, then not again until tomorrow. This seems to conflict with SS#2 which says Start Azimuth at JUN 30, 07:56. Why are they different and SS #2 and #3 look to me to show it visible and reachable.
#1 and #2 are from N2YO.com. #3 is from Heavens Above. GOSATWATCH on my IPhone agrees with Heavens Above.
Are the TLE numbers updated frequently ? When ?
#1 CAS4A-2.png

CAS4A-3.png

CAS4A-1.png
Well, 2 pictures did not get loaded so here are 2, and 3 again. Sorry

Attachments

• CAS4A-1.png
    CAS4A-1.png
    462.8 KB · Views: 27
  • CAS4A-3.png
    CAS4A-3.png
    643 KB · Views: 27

royldean

One of your images still isn't showing.

But judging by the times, it appears that the heavens above ground track is a pass that has already occured, and the N2YO image is the actual next pass.

I'm assuming that the one image that is not showing is a list of passes that does not show the pass shown in the N2YO image. My guess is that that list doesn't show passes below a certain elevation, and the 12 degree actual next pass doesn't pass through that filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.