Plugging in the BCD396T??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mully95

I was wondering what others do when you plug in the electric cord to the scanner. I always cut my scanner off before I plug it in to the electric cord and then cut the scanner back on. Is it really nessecary? I have plugged it in with the scanner still on and it sounds funny so I don't do that no longer. I don't want to do any damage to the scanner. Thanks.

ampulman

I've had my 396 about 2 years. Since day one, I've been plugging and unplugging it with the unit on with no problems. It doesn't miss a beat.

Also, have left the (powered) plug in with the unit off (display reading 'charge off', also with no problems.

AM

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering what others do when you plug in the electric cord to the scanner. I always cut my scanner off before I plug it in to the electric cord and then cut the scanner back on. Is it really nessecary? I have plugged it in with the scanner still on and it sounds funny so I don't do that no longer. I don't want to do any damage to the scanner. Thanks.

Yeah, I know what you mean by the little funny sound, Plus my screen blinks when I plug it in while on. To be on the safe side I turn it off first before plugging it in and I leave the charge off.

mully95

Yeah, I know what you mean by the little funny sound, Plus my screen blinks when I plug it in while on. To be on the safe side I turn it off first before plugging it in and I leave the charge off.

Mine will do the same thing. If there is traffic while I plug it in it will go silence for just bit but resume traffic.

qt31005

I pluged my pro-95 in once when it was on and the thing stoped working. I sent it in and was told i fried it. Now I just turn my 396 off. It may not happen but thise cost to much and can"t buy a new one

garikfox

I pluged my pro-95 in once when it was on and the thing stoped working. I sent it in and was told i fried it. Now I just turn my 396 off. It may not happen but thise cost to much and can"t buy a new one

I did that once with my Pro-96 I had, And it did turn off, I just re-turned it on. Heh, RS is learning slowly lol. I agree with you a simple off, then a simple on.

Status
Not open for further replies.