Plugin Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

magee31

Does anyone use a "plugin" antenna to replace the one supplied with the scanner
on either a Uniden 796 or a GRE PSR 500 or 600 and which has resulted in a substantial increase in reception ?

I realize a good antenna mounted high up is far better than any plugin but wondered if anyone is using any plugin which resulted in better reception than the one supplied with the scanner.

hoser147

If your scanning 800 mhz then go with the RS 800 its the best Ive found so far. What bands do you monitor the most?..........Hoser

Last edited:

magee31

If your scanning 800 mhz then go with the RS 800 its the best Ive found so far. What bands do you monitor the most?..........Hoser

150 and 800 is about all. The RS 800 is a magnetic mobile mount I guess, I want to use it standing next to the scanner if it cant be a plug in, would it stand up ? The other antenna thats been suggested as much better is a diamond RH77CA, any opinion on which is better for the two areas150 and 800 I am interested in ?

hoser147

The RS 800 wont do much for the 150mhz unless it its close and strong. The mag mount you will need something metal to place it on for a ground plane, and the 77 is a good antenna and preforms best from 150 up to the 400mhz but doesn't do bad for 800. Hope this helps ya Hoser

hoser147

It works good on about any scanner Ive used it on, so I would have to say yes. It will out preform the Rs mag mount also. There are a bunch of threads on here about the 77, and most of the people would agree its a heck of an antenna...........Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.