Pluging Pro-106 into wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNickster

Premium Subscriber
Is it ok to plug in the pro-106 scanner into the wall without batteries in it?

n5ims

It may actually be better to use the AC adapter without batteries in the radio than with them. There have been several reports (do a search using the search box in the upper right corner if you're interested) of batteries overheating and causing damage when the AC adapter is used with batteries in the radio.

VE3JSO

i always take that batterys out when i plug my scanner in and most people that i have seen on here recommends that if you do use the ac adapter to take the batteries out of the scanner first to protect your scanner from these types of accidents that the prev poster has stated

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Is it ok to plug in the pro-106 scanner into the wall without batteries in it?

When you use the BLACK battery holder, the radio does not see the batteries at all while pluged in. For those that use rechargeable batteries bit do not want to chaehe them in the radio, purring them in the BLACK holder will keep them isolated from any external power and keem them from charging.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Yes its fine to plug it into the wall without any batteries in it.Like a couple of people have already said its better to not have any batteries in the scanner when pluging it into the wall at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.