Plumbers? I need Toilet bowl advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ok we have a toilet in the bathroom its new and its terrible.
It gets clogged all the time!
My father had stomache cancer and he needs his bathroom working.
Seems to me the darn thing doesnt have a big enough hole like the older American Standard we had.
Any Advice?

Blackink

I seem to remember when I was upgrading my bathrooms, upstairs and down, the cheap toilets had small holes and I was a bit worried about that myself.
Glad I spent the extra money and bought a better model...

Sorry for your problems.

SCPD

QRT
YES

I seem to remember when I was upgrading my bathrooms, upstairs and down, the cheap toilets had small holes and I was a bit worried about that myself.
Glad I spent the extra money and bought a better model...

Sorry for your problems.
Oh right you were/are!

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
The new ones we got at work you hit the handle as usual for #1, but have to actually hold the handle down for 2 or 3 seconds for #2.

Darth_vader

A wider drain hole/channel *and* a higher-capacity tank are both advantageous. I often have to flush twice on these pathetic 1 1/2 gal/flush (or however big they are) toilets to completely clear the bowl, whereas would only have to flush once on the bigger 6 gallon/flush tanks.

I tend to eat a lot of fibre, so...

safetyobc

We had one that kept stopping up. We had a plumber come and look at the toilet and snake it. Said nothing was wrong. Kept happening, had another plumber come and check the pipes under the house. The PVC drain pipe had come partially dislodged and was sitting halfway of each other, so sewage was running under the house but also the pipe was blocking itself. Got that all put back together and now works like it is supposed to. Long story short, it may be a pipe problem and not the toilet.

Blackink

Ok we have a toilet in the bathroom its new and its terrible.
It gets clogged all the time!
My father had stomache cancer and he needs his bathroom working.
Seems to me the darn thing doesnt have a big enough hole like the older American Standard we had.
Any Advice?
So it's safe to say you didn't have this problem with the other older toilet?

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
I got fined by a Bldg. inspector in 1997 for replacing a required low flow toilet in a rental house I had with a 3.5 Gal toilet that was only for use in commercial bathrooms. It is a wonder that the newest 1.5 gallon ones could flush anything more than a half-eaten hostess snoball--

It seems to me that not having enough water to make the system work will eventually cause havoc with the big sewer pipes and treatment plants, but what do I know? :p

cabletech

Just cann't help myself.

Sorry you have a problem BUUUUUT-----

The bottom line is, just what does all this have to do with electronics, radios, scanners?

This is a radio related forum and not a plumbing forum

Status
Not open for further replies.