Plymouth CMED new channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
I recently saw a new channel listing with a new PL tone for Plymouth CMED that is made up of narrow band channels. Does anyone know if these channels will be put into effect before Jan 1 2013? I assume it is safe to say that the old wide band channels won't be used anymore after 2013?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

ecps92

Since Narrowbanding is mandated by 2013, Yup.

All CMEDs [statewide] will add the new channels and Plym does change PL Tones

The change is adding the additional channels, but the old channels become NFM they don't go away. You can change them now to NFM and they will work

I recently saw a new channel listing with a new PL tone for Plymouth CMED that is made up of narrow band channels. Does anyone know if these channels will be put into effect before Jan 1 2013? I assume it is safe to say that the old wide band channels won't be used anymore after 2013?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

cmpsa

Is it confirmed that Plymouth CMED is now 100% narrowband mode now? No more wideband; they switched over?

Thank you

ecps92

No they are still FM, but changing it in our scanners won't make a difference in reception. :wink:

Is it confirmed that Plymouth CMED is now 100% narrowband mode now? No more wideband; they switched over?

Thank you

cmpsa

Thanks guys...

The link Kenny posted, which has the CMED .pdf document seems to suggest they are still wideband mode to date plus ecps92 double-confirmed that too.

CMED Freqs

All 7 CMED Centers in Mass will transition into narrow-band channels in mid to late 2012,although the specific primary and secondary channel plan is not definate at this point, it will be available as early as July in some areas in an attempt to phase it in seamlesly. DPH needs to ensure all EMS providers are aware of this and able to comply by having multi zone radios with each Regions channels and correct PL tones for operation Statewide. Hopes this helps, thanks SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.