Plymouth PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I have no idea when the P25 emission designator was added to the fcc database but if it was there for a while, they probably have had the equipment for around that amount of time likely. My question is why the ADP encryption instead of the AES which is more of the norm now.
ADP is Free and was designed to block out scanners (casual listeners). it was not designed to work like AE$
Why pay the money for AES

scottb908

Feed Provider
Tell that to Holliston, MA. (They went from analog to full P25E, then reverted back to analog about a week later). But I suspect you're correct.

I assume your SDR trunk is displaying the NAC in decimal format, which in hex would be 527. (RRDB uses HEX NACs)
I was able to confirm the nac on the sds. Interestingly there’s a second nac that I’ve caught only once.
527h is most often and a 490h.

Reconrider

I haven't been able to yet.. Both are digital, Doing some more testing right now though.
If your scanner has close call on, go sit near the pd with the stock antenna on. I think across the street where that tow truck is(used to be? been almost 18 months since I've been that way). No one should bother you. Don't sit at the motel, they'll log your car as a druggie lol

scottb908

Feed Provider
I said that about a few fire depts and they went digital. It's a very stupid choice but it isn't my town at the end of the day so my taxes didn't help buy it.
Bristol went Digital but not encypt for fire. It was to move them over to narrow band P25 system with the rest of the town. I don't think most fire are going that way, YET! LCD is does have some dispatch on the CTSP P25 system now though.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Bristol went Digital but not encypt for fire. It was to move them over to narrow band P25 system with the rest of the town. I don't think most fire are going that way, YET! LCD is does have some dispatch on the CTSP P25 system now though.
everything on the county VHF also goes over the state system

Reconrider

They rarely have calls, and when they do, it's an alarm going off or an mva lol

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
You can hear a transmission that is encrypted. On scanners it will sound like digital garbage before the scanner rejects it. Older scanners will just stay on the encrypted channel until the transmission ends.

So one person has heard them encrypted and another user submitted hearing them encrypted P25, but no NAC. I won't enter into the DB without a NAC, so we need to get that first.

Old Saybrook kinda of did the same thing. They built and tested the system in P25. but never went Digital. Woodridge too

Status
Not open for further replies.