Plymouth Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcp90

Premium Subscriber
Is Plymouth PD on the MPSCS. The database says it is but I have not heard their talkgroups at all. I am monitoring the Northville Tower which seems most logical because it is the tower nearest to Plymouth.

AEofficer116

well, first of all they are on the WESTERN WAYNE SYSTEM not the northville tower and i dont think they switched yet, but they are on a digtal 800 freq. 866.650....

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
marcp90 said:
Is Plymouth PD on the MPSCS. The database says it is but I have not heard their talkgroups at all. I am monitoring the Northville Tower which seems most logical because it is the tower nearest to Plymouth.

They were on the MPSCS for a few days or so, but have since gone back to 866.650....They'll be back.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
AEofficer116 said:
well, first of all they are on the WESTERN WAYNE SYSTEM not the northville tower and i dont think they switched yet, but they are on a digtal 800 freq. 866.650....

I am afraid that this is a *little* incorrect.

Plymouth does have a talkgroup on the western wayne system but they do not use it. Plymouth did switch to the MPSCS, but I believe they were having some radio console issues that forced them back to their old frequency.

Plymouth and Canton both have talkgroups on the WWS but they are not in use.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
AEofficer116 said:
thats what i said they are on the WW System, but are using 866.650 right now

NO!! Plymouth is not on the WW system, they only have a talkgroup there but it is never ever used!!!! They are actually on the MPSCS system, but do to some minor problems with the consoles they are back on 866.650 which is a STAND ALONE frequency, it belongs to Plymouth and to nobody else!!!!

bsrepellant

Original Qustion in thread

I couldn't find any info on the 1 digital freq Plymouth has. Is it P25?
Would that be the CC? I don't see any TG listed for MPSCS either.
Just curious. Is there much activity? I am close to Plymouth so I would be interested in trying to receive.

FNNM376

Plymouth Twp Is On 866.6500 Digtal Channel, Not Mpscs They Have A T/g On Western Wayne System But Its Not Used Yet That I Know Of...... No Control Channel Just Use 866.650.........

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
FNNM376 said:
Plymouth Twp Is On 866.6500 Digtal Channel, Not Mpscs They Have A T/g On Western Wayne System But Its Not Used Yet That I Know Of...... No Control Channel Just Use 866.650.........

They are on the MPSCS system too, but they are just having a few issues that made them go back to their standalone frequency. Yes 866.650 is P25 Digital. While they do have a talkgroup on the WW system, Canton Township does too, but neither of them have ever been used, and they wont be because they are not part of the system, nor are they going to switch to the WW system. WW is ONLY Dearborn Heights, Garden City, Inkster, Wayne and Westland. There are NO OTHER USERS police and fire wise on this system.

Hopefully that pretty much explain's it. Plymouth Police(township and City) do not use that system, they use there own single frequncy and the MPSCS, and they will be back to the MPSCS full time here real soon.

FNNM376

did not know that, i though they were switching to the ww group but i now see there MPSCS talkgroups area listed under wayne co..... thanks

Last edited:

bsrepellant

I now see Plymouth listed on MPSCS. I did not see them before I posted.
Also did not see anything listed for 866.650. I may have over looked...

Now I have a different question. How do you program 1 digital freq in a 396?
I created a new system P25 with the 1 freq. (866.650) with no group information.

As yet, I haven't got any hits. Any suggestions? I can hear the digital in conventional mode. From Western Livonia. Too far away?

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
bsrepellant said:
I now see Plymouth listed on MPSCS. I did not see them before I posted.
Also did not see anything listed for 866.650. I may have over looked...

Now I have a different question. How do you program 1 digital freq in a 396?
I created a new system P25 with the 1 freq. (866.650) with no group information.

As yet, I haven't got any hits. Any suggestions? I can hear the digital in conventional mode. From Western Livonia. Too far away?

Just program 866.650 into your scanner, make sure that it is set to a Motorola system and you will be happening.....now this might work for you but I can never get them to pop up when I am in scan mode ie scanning Flat Rock, Northville and Ann Arbor.....but it is definatly a motorola system but it is not trunked.

KC8NIY

Shouldn't it be programmed as just a regular conventional FM frequency? If you associate any settings (such as MO) won't the scanner be looking for a control channel, and thus not recieving any voice transmissions on that channel?

Combustion

I don't know how the other Unidens are, but the 296D automatically decodes the P25 non-trunked transmissions. Mine is set to 866.65 with NFM as the Mode and it works fine when I am in range of Plymouth.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I have always programmed it in as an MO system, if I program it in FM mode it does not receive the digital side.

shockenb

Plymouth Police and Fire

Thank you for the information on the Plymouth PD. I'm not entirely new to scanning but i'm fairly new here. What is the frequency for the Plymouth Fire Dept. Is it still analog? Thanks

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is still analog, it is 155.565....There is talks about them going digital too, but that remains to be seen if they are definatly switching

Status
Not open for further replies.