Plymouth/statewide tower 2-014

Status
Not open for further replies.

stmills

The question on this was posed on Scanfan.com last week after it was seen on unitrunker as a neighbor to the Anoka system. I have found this in the past on unitrunker as a neighbor to 2-001. My theory on this has always been that it is the address for the Hennepin County Sheriffs portable site. I have never heard from anyone who has monitored this site but after the discussion on scanfan it got added to the database here.

hamelfire

The question on this was posed on Scanfan.com last week after it was seen on unitrunker as a neighbor to the Anoka system. I have found this in the past on unitrunker as a neighbor to 2-001. My theory on this has always been that it is the address for the Hennepin County Sheriffs portable site. I have never heard from anyone who has monitored this site but after the discussion on scanfan it got added to the database here.

Is it possible that it is related to the 700mhz? Or another possibility that it is related to the AVL tracking on MDC's?

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
No, ARMER as far as i know is not capable of carrying anything other than voice traffic in its present version. I think Hennepin Tower is like just about every other LE Agency in the metro and is using Consumer Mobile Broadband for their MDC connectivity.

Steve also mentioned in the ScanFan thread that he heard traffic about HCSO MARC moving equipment and that would make sense with the reappearance of this system.

stmills

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint S511)

There was talk at one time of using the backbone of ARMER-the microwave and fiber links- to set up the metro area on a data system. This is the system that each metro county has obtained a 700mHz licensce to set up. I do not know the current status on the buildout of this.

stmills

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint S511)

Confired this today as the HCSO portable site.Site was displayed at HCSO openhouse.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Not sure what they are using it for, but 2-014 has been up for the past couple of days. not sure where they have it running. Normal CC of 854.2125. maybe for a COMT or COML class or something...

Last edited:

stmills

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have been hearing radio checks on a number of the conventional VHF UHF & 800 channels today, I also noticed last week some new radios coming online that would likely be part of the cache or the cp that goes with the mobile site.

Status
Not open for further replies.