PLZ HELP ME W/MY WHISTLER 1040 N TUCSON

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKENNEDY1114

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I bought my 1st radio off Amazon & just got it in. It is Whistler 1040. It seems pretty awesome but I've never done this before and trying to program these trunk systems is tough. I mean not really, I feel like I have done everything, I can follow the instructions but when I go to scan it can find the frequency or station but I can't hear anything, there is no audio. So now I've set all kinds of things up in the scanner & I just assume factory reset it & start over. So I emailed Scanner Masters & they told me how to do that, & I'm ready to do that just as soon as I can find someone to help me program this guy correctly. I'd be incredibly grateful & if your in Tucson, I'm on the Eastside, if you can help me over the phone or we can meet up, I don't mind paying you for your help, or if anyone will take the time and walk me through getting Tucson Police 19 Talkgroups programmed & functioning that would be legendary!! I downloaded the PSRedit500 software & I followed their instructions but I must be doing, just 1 thing off I think, but now I'm starting over from factory reset using the PSRedit500. I have the next week off & will check this thread every 2 hours at the most.

Thank you so very much for your time, empathy, & comradely & have a great holiday!!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@MKENNEDY1114 the same question has been asked and answered many times, a quick check of the Whistler Forum threads will give you the answers you need. To get you started here is one of the many threads...

Astrak

The 1040 will not work for PCWIN I don't believe. You'll need a phase 2 capable scanner.

MKENNEDY1114

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyway to be 100% sure & are you 100% sure the stations I'm trying to broadcast are phase 2?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@Astrak is correct, while there is a lot of systems in the area on phase 1, Tucson is not one of them. If it is not too late you should return it and upgrade to a phase 2 model.

DanRollman

Database Admin
@Astrak is correct, while there is a lot of systems in the area on phase 1, Tucson is not one of them.

What do you mean? The City of Tucson is on the PCWIN system, like almost all public safety agencies in Pima County, and it is all 100% Phase II. We definitely shouldn't suggest that there is "a lot" to hear on Phase I systems in "the area". There's very little to hear on Phase I in the Tucson area.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What do you mean? The City of Tucson is on the PCWIN system, like almost all public safety agencies in Pima County, and it is all 100% Phase II. We definitely shouldn't suggest that there is "a lot" to hear on Phase I systems in "the area". There's very little to hear on Phase I in the Tucson area.

Looking at the database there are several P25 P1 systems in that county other than the local Tucson channels, that is what I'm talking about.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Looking at the database there are several P25 P1 systems in that county other than the local Tucson channels, that is what I'm talking about.

I take it you aren't from the area. If you take a look at those systems and what they consist of you'll see why it's misleading to tell a newbie there is "a lot" on Phase I in Tucson.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I take it you aren't from the area. If you take a look at those systems and what they consist of you'll see why it's misleading to tell a newbie there is "a lot" on Phase I in Tucson.

OK I stand corrected, but looking at the database page you have the Airport Ops, AZWINS, Davis Monthan, FCC Tucson, Tucson Electric, and USAF system 3D6, as well as several other Motorola Type II systems. To me that is a lot of stuff besides the Tucson Police/Fire. I guess we can't all be lucky enough to have so many different systems. But, if you read my whole post you see I recommended he try to exchange it for an upgrade and acknowledge police and fire wasn't an option for the WS1040.

DanRollman

Database Admin
OK I stand corrected, but looking at the database page you have the Airport Ops, AZWINS, Davis Monthan, FCC Tucson, Tucson Electric, and USAF system 3D6. To me that is a lot of stuff besides the Tucson Police/Fire. But if you read my whole post you see I recommended he try to exchange it for an upgrade.

It's really not a lot in Tucson. The air force base, the power company, and the prison don't add up to much in Tucson. Anyway, I agree with you that the OP should replace that old 1040 for a more modern P25 scanner capable of Phase II if he has an interest in monitoring just about any local public safety agencies in the Tucson area.

Status
Not open for further replies.