• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PM1500 FL 01-90

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I recently went to clone a Motorola PM1500 Mobile Radio. It powered on fine. This radio is a high power, 110 watt, radio with remote head. Something happened during the cloning process and now when powering up the radio it will power cycle a few times showing FL 01-90 and then will finally power on reading Maintenance Mode Remote Device and/or Maintenance Mode Local Device. I have been programming and cloning the PM1500 via the mic port on the remote head with a Motorola OEM USB Cable. My experience with this error has always been a power supply issue to the radio itself. Once that is corrected the radio operates normally. I have successfully cloned this specific radio along with many other PM1500s using the same process multiple times in the past. When I connect my USB Programming Cable to the remote head the computer recognizes that it is connected however will not read/write/clone or even read the serial number.

So far these are the troubleshooting steps I have tried.
  1. Checked all fuses on both the radio and remote head.
  2. Checked voltage on all power supplies.
  3. Check continuity between pins on data cable between remote head and radio.
  4. Swapped remote heads with a known good PM1500 radio and got the same results with the known good head.
  5. Power up radio prior to applying power to the remote head.
  6. Using different data cable ports on the radio and remote head.
I don't have a programming cable that will connect directly to the radio brick itself. I also currently don't have a spare good data cable to put in place of the existing one. I can take the radio brick from another vehicle and put it in place of the existing radio brick. I also haven't yet confirmed if or how much current the radio brick is drawing when power is applied. I have a spare XTL5000 that I could put in place of the PM1500 radio brick but I am not sure if that would be compatible with the remote head.

Anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations?

cmdrwill

Remote mount radios have the cable 'losses' to get in your way with some programming cables.

Try your radio in the one piece dash mount configuration.

And did you SAVE the radio's original codeplug in your CPS?

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have a copy of a code plug from this radio saved on my computer. I wasn’t the person to initially program this radio so I don’t have a true original codeplug.
I will try setting up the radio as a dash mount.

I did finally figure out how to connect my programming cable to the radio brick itself. The computer recognizes it and tries to read and/or write it however various errors come up on my computer.

I also went through the remote head synchronization process successfully without any change in its operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
If I connect my programming directly to the radio brick I am able to read the serial number in the cloning process. However when trying to program the radio during the cloning process as soon as the CPS shows “Verifying that the device can accept the current codeplug” I get the follow error on my computer “Hardware Failure in Port or Radio, Error Context: 23, Status: 80004005”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.