• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

pm400 capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
hey yall ive got a pm400 as a base station for my first aid squad. my question is does any1 know if im able to do self paging of department tones on it. example would be we would like to put a special message out wiht out having to call our headquarters to do so. we also have a cdm 1250 and wondering if it can do the same thing

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The PM400 will handle two tone encoding. However, it would have to be the same tones everyone's pagers/radios are already setup to listen for or you'd have to reprogram everything.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
hey yall ive got a pm400 as a base station for my first aid squad. my question is does any1 know if im able to do self paging of department tones on it. example would be we would like to put a special message out wiht out having to call our headquarters to do so. we also have a cdm 1250 and wondering if it can do the same thing
In addition to the PM400, the CDM1250 will also do two tone encoding.

No matter which radio you use, they'll require a bit of operator training after the radio is re-programmed.

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
thankyou for the help guys. do you know exactly how i go about programming the radio for? i do have the cps and i have played around with it but never had to program radio to send tones over the air

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
Steve if you can send me the cdm1250 info to that would be awesome as I would like to be able to do it on both radios as they are in 2 different buildings

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Steve if you can send me the cdm1250 info to that would be awesome as I would like to be able to do it on both radios as they are in 2 different buildings
I just checked my notes, and I never wrote up QC-II encoding for the CDM's. Not to worry, because it's almost identical. Just follow the Commercial Series notes. The tab names may be slightly different, but the process is pretty much the same.

If you get stuck, let me know.

EDIT TO ADD: Double check the operator's manual for both radios to write up instructions for the users on sending out an alert. It's easy but not intuitive.

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
Steve if I read that correct I can only do 1 set of tones per personality

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
ok i am attempting to program radio now. last question i have for now is tone a freq/tone b freq is that 1 set for my tones cause each tone we have has 2 numbers per tone also how do i know what the code is for the tones

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
ok i am attempting to program radio now. last question i have for now is tone a freq/tone b freq is that 1 set for my tones cause each tone we have has 2 numbers per tone also how do i know what the code is for the tones
Why not post what you think your tones are and we'll help decipher them.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
If you have the tones, you don't need the code. If you have the code, you don't need the tones. The software fills in automatically.

Please post your tones so we can help you further.

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
these are the tones that are in our pagers. primary tones 732.1/1036.0 and all call tones 1343.4/2074.1. also do i have to put those in both the quickcall under signaling as well as quickcall under the call tab

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
these are the tones that are in our pagers. primary tones 732.1/1036.0 and all call tones 1343.4/2074.1. also do i have to put those in both the quickcall under signaling as well as quickcall under the call tab
Signalling is for receiving. Call is for transmitting.

Set up up one system under Signalling. Then setup two calls under Call. One for each pair of tones. Label them however you like. Link them both to the same quick call-II system.

I thought my notes on doing this were pretty clear and easy to follow. Am I wrong?

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
they were just a little confusing for me cause i didnt totally understand the tone freq part

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
hey steve if i send you copy of code plug could you tell me if i did it correct

Status
Not open for further replies.