• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pm400

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearJammersc

I've had a pm400 for a while now it's the 45 watt version. The problem is just the other day the power just dropped on it. I thought maybe it over heated. Power according to my power meter shows 18 watts on low and high power now. The radio in the CPS was set at 25 watts low and 45 on high. Now it will do only bout 18 watts. Is the PA going out? I've tried different power supply and even reprogramming the radio and same results.

a417

How did you become aware of the power drop, prior to you putting the meter on it? Do you have friends with test gear who can try aligning it ?

Tech21

Drop the low power to 1 watt and see if that helps. When was the last time it was tuned? If you haven't tuned it since you got it...

Do you have tuner software? If so, check power out while it's on tuner. If it's still low, yeah, your PA is probably toast.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Do you have a different antenna or dummy load? Different power meter to try? What type of power meter and jumper are you using?

GearJammersc

Only thing i know is i was on a ham repeater. The person i was talking to said your first transmission was good, but second transmission was noise. I then went to another radio i was getting in fine. I then took the pm400 put it on my mfj power meter on a dummy load all i got was about 18 watts. I then unhooked radio from power and let it sat for bout a hour. I hooked power to get checked power again still 18. The lowest power to be set on radio is 25 watts. This is a 45 watt version. It doesn't matter what power level you on high or low still 18 watts. I did hook up another radio cm 200 and its showing correct out put.

GearJammersc

Nope i was told maybe those radios have a two stage amp in them. It's possible one side has burn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.