• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PMMN4106D Remote Speaker Mic with audio adapter questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio64thffemt

We have the new Rugged RSM for our APX 6000 XE radios. It has the volume and also channels selector on top. It also has light on it. There is also a light on top with a Bluetooth symbol beside it. There is not a 3.5mm jack so we figured this was to Bluetooth like an earpiece or something to the RSM. Does or has anyone used, messed with this? Nobody seems to have a clue about this from where we bought them. Any and all info would be appreciated.

Tech21

If you ordered it with Bluetooth and not the connection that goes to the side of the radio, Bluetooth has to be enabled in the codeplug and you also have to turn on Bluetooth on the radio if your radios are bluetooth capable.

If your radio is bluetooth capable, go into settings through the front panel and turn on Bluetooth.

https://co.summitoh.net/800mhz/images/stories/PDFs/Radio_Manuals/apx6000xe_1.pdf This is the use guide and should help.

ohio64thffemt

If you ordered it with Bluetooth and not the connection that goes to the side of the radio, Bluetooth has to be enabled in the codeplug and you also have to turn on Bluetooth on the radio if your radios are bluetooth capable.

If your radio is bluetooth capable, go into settings through the front panel and turn on Bluetooth.

https://co.summitoh.net/800mhz/images/stories/PDFs/Radio_Manuals/apx6000xe_1.pdf This is the use guide and should help.
The radios have Bluetooth enabled in the code plug and turned on. The radio is working with other Bluetooth RSM that isn't what I am asking. Let me get a picture and attach it.

ohio64thffemt

It's a corded mic that hooks into the side of the radio already. What is the Bluetooth setup on it? Is it for an earpiece or something?

Tech21

My bad, I misunderstood the question. That is just an indicator for what the bluetooth is doing on the radio. If you had a wireless mic, that indicator would be green to show it's connected to the radio. Since yours is wired in, its not used.

K2NEC

So you could have a wireless mic hooked up to the radio while simultaneously having a wired mic hooked up to the radio?

ohio64thffemt

They don't make that type of mic in Bluetooth/ non cable. That's what I am trying to figure out there has to be another reason or option. It doesn't have a 3.5 mm jack so I was wondering if they was part of it.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
So you could have a wireless mic hooked up to the radio while simultaneously having a wired mic hooked up to the radio?
It sounds like its just a remote indicator for the radio's bluetooth radio status. None of the documentation states that the mic has it's own bluetooth radio.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like its just a remote indicator for the radio's bluetooth radio status. None of the documentation states that the mic has it's own bluetooth radio.

I get that it’s an indicator of the status.
I am curious if I can connect a Bluetooth speaker mic that would be connected to my scba face piece All the while still having my wired XE500 RSM hooked up.

ohio64thffemt

We already have this with the G1 MSA and it has nothing to do with the RSM. You do it with the Bluetooth from the APX radio alone. You don't need the RSM. All you need is to PTT the side of the radio or RSM.

ohio64thffemt

You also can't Bluetooth the G1 like other Bluetooth accessories. You have to have the MSA read writter and a fob. It's set up that way so they don't cross pair during operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.