PMT Ambulance Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix805

It's interesting to listen to the SW Ambulance dispatches in Glendale. Their dispatcher essentially just repeats the fire dispatch. I've never heard anything but Glendale dispatches on the freq I listen to, so I suspect they use different channels for different jurisdictions.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

They all get paged out on 155.235. Then they come up on their response channel. For the West Valley, it's 460.550. That's Glendale, Sun City, El Mirage, Surprise, Tolleson, Avondale and Goodyear.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

I don't listen on a regular basis, but I have been off and on recently. I haven't noticed a change in this. I'll start listening more often, and see if the other West Valley units are on a different channel now.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber

They all get paged out on 155.235. Then they come up on their response channel. For the West Valley, it's 460.550. That's Glendale, Sun City, El Mirage, Surprise, Tolleson, Avondale and Goodyear.

I listen to SW all the time. 460.550 is West 911 Dispatch and 460.050 is used for West Non-emergency Transports, I have them on as a backup in case I miss info from the Fire Dispatch. Also, since I'm close to the "Big Sliver Dome" I have the Events Channel (462.2500) programmed and it makes for some interesting stuff at times during the Football games.

KB7MIB

I've never had the Events channel programmed. I'm 3-4 miles north of that "Big Silver Dome".

tomfassett

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

KB7MIB said:

And it sounds like that the PMT units that are contracted to a city, such as Peoria, Scottsdale and Chandler, are dispatched by Phoenix Fire Alarm, instead of by their own dispatcher, unlike SWA which is dispatched by their own dispatcher.

I also hear a lot of EMS calls where the fire dispatcher calls the Ambo out with the fire units. I assume their radios monitor the fire alpha channels just like the fire units and the dispatcher codes the ambo out at the same time. I don't think I have ever heard fire head to a reported injury auto accident without the ambulance called out at the same time. I have also heard numerous calls where the ambulance arrived first and started triage before any fire units were on scene.
I also hear calls where fire cancels the ambulance on the fire channel and the ambo crew then alerts their dispatcher on the SW or PMT channels. Most of the traffic on these channels is crews logging on and off or non emergency calls like hospital to hospital transport or taking people to a doctor appointment.
I also have always felt that SW did a great job of responding to calls. I hear on the scanner where they get slammed and have to bring in a unit from far away but it has to be nearly impossible to cover every angle. Maybe the dedicated PMT units are used only for fire traffic in a given area just like the fire crews and that reduces their response time. It would also cost more as the unit would be idle more of the time.
I was not aware that Southwest owns or is in the process of acquiring PMT. Interesting...

tomfassett

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The events channels are interesting during a sporting event. It is a bit odd hearing an "ambulance" dispatched to a seat number. Other than the heart attacks, fights and gastrointestinal distress calls one would expect, some of the ways people find to injure themselves at a game are surprising. A few years ago I heard a call where a fan got a whistle stuck in their throat. Probably got shoved there by the poor guy sitting directly in front of him... ;- )

Phoenix805

I was not aware that Southwest owns or is in the process of acquiring PMT. Interesting...

Southwest doesn't technically own PMT. Rural Metro owns both SW and PMT and operates both services.
Here's an AZ Republic article from 18 months ago talking about the buy-out
http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/20110929ruralmetro-acquire-rival-ambulance-company.html
PMT's website says 'a subsiduary of Rural/Metro Corporation'

tomfassett

Premium Subscriber

I was sitting at red lights today and in one instance a PMT ambulance was sitting next to me and in another a SW ambulance was in front of me. Both units say, "A Rural Metro Company" under the logo so that certainly shows you are correct. The PMT units around here seem to be marked mostly as Rescue Units with a particular city noted like, "Chandler Fire Department" and are painted like the fire trucks whereas most of the SW units are marked as ambulances.

KB7MIB

Yea I did a double-take the first time I saw "Rescue 191" over here. I though Peoria had gone to their own rescues. But, nope, they're PMT.
SWA in Glendale used to have the same color scheme GFD has, too. But that changed some time last year. No clue why

KB7MIB

It belongs to IAN Communications Shaw Butte LTR Passport trunked system. So that's two of IAN Communications systems that are used by PMT. The other one is the White Tanks system I mentioned in an earlier post.

It appears as though both of the IAN Commuications LTR Passport systems are no longer in operation. I no longer hear the LTR "blip" every couple of seconds, and have not heard any traffic when I've listened at random times.
It may be possible that they've switched to DMR (MotoTrbo) from LTR Passport. I may have heard some digital DMR noise a time or two. I don't have DSD capabilities with which to decode and confirm what, if any, DMR traffic may exist on the frequencies.
If they are no longer in use by PMT, they can be deleted from the database as such.

John
Peoria

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber

I was sitting at red lights today and in one instance a PMT ambulance was sitting next to me and in another a SW ambulance was in front of me. Both units say, "A Rural Metro Company" under the logo so that certainly shows you are correct. The PMT units around here seem to be marked mostly as Rescue Units with a particular city noted like, "Chandler Fire Department" and are painted like the fire trucks whereas most of the SW units are marked as ambulances.

Most likely they are obligated by the contract to make X amount of units dedicated 911 units and be painted to match the fire units.

KB7MIB

The 453.000 frequency that belonged to IAN Communications LTR Passport system now sounds like a MotoTrbo channel.
I haven't checked the rest of them yet.
If anyone else can help confirm this, we can amend the database to deprecate the system from the PMT listing, and as an LTR system altogether.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.