PNC Arts Center-Homdel NEW JERSEY CONCERT LOVERS !!! NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lion2479

Planning on attending a few concerts this summer at the PNC Arts Center in Homdel, NJ. I understand that the NJSP patrols the parking lots and they have a private security company called Strike Force inside the venue where the show is as well as near the entrance gates. I noticed this past weekend while attending the Country concert the yellow shirt security guards where using Motorola Cp200 radio's UHF. The Ambulance people also had radios, much smaller and also UHF based on antenna size. Do we know if they are all on one channel during these shows? Also what about the maintenance personnel? When I was being directed into the parking lot by the kids in the roadway, these attendants also where using UHF two way radios. The "WIKI" only shows the following frequencies listed.

501.3875 S - PNC Bank Arts Center EMS-1 - PL 192.8 Hz
502.0875 S - PNC Bank Arts Center EMS-2 - PL 192.8 Hz
469.5500 S - PNC Bank Arts Center Operations - CSQ

Hard for me to believe that these are the only frequencies being utilized for such a big operation. Have been a scanner buff for many years and have been listening all over the US from Disney World to out West and need some help. Using my Uniden Trunktracker IV BCD-396XT and would also like to know if anyone has the lowdown on what talk group the NJSP are using while patrolling the parking lots. I know they have a barracks just off the service road for the parkway, I think it is Troop E but I cannot imagine them tying up all the communications for the concerts on their primary TG for the parkway. Any ideas or insight? I brought my scanner along during this last show on Sunday night and heard nothing on the above channels!!!!!!!!!! Could these be digital? I know Live Nation is the company running the shows at the art center, perhaps they are using different radio's as well. If anyone lives in the area and could do some investigating before the next concert it would be very much appreciated.

FREQ/PL/RPTR?

1)Parking Lot Attendants? FREQ/PL/RPTR?
2)Strike Force Security Guards? Inside the Theater/Yellow Shirts
3)Ambulance people EMT's?
4)PNC Maintenance and concession stands?
5)PNC/LIve Nation White shirt staff?
6) Stage Crews?
7)New Jersey State Police parking lot patrol units?

Thanks!!

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Lots of radios sold for direction and coordinating emergencies/traffic are UHF 2 banded. Simply put above 480 MHz. They may also be on repeaters too. If they upgraded since PNC bank is so huge DMR ( MotoTRBO) will most likely be implemented. Since many DMR allow duel usage between analog/digital it's a simple switch and can maintain interop.

As a matter of fact last time I was at PNC Bank Arts Center in 2012 I am almost certain they had analog/digital DMR being used.

Last edited:

RBFD415

lion2479-

since nobody really offered insight on the PNC facility- I'll toss in a couple of comments.

I have had the rare opportunity to work there, under two very different circumstances- unfortunately, I haven't done so in a few years, so my insight is most likely stale at best.

Keep in mind 2 things- the facility is not nearly as large as you think it is, and it is strictly seasonal, in other words there really isn't the desire to invest in a radio system that would see, in comparison to other sites, sporadic use. The shows that generate a lot of communications traffic, particularly drug and alcohol abuse by teens, are relatively rare (but do occur).

From the MONOC & NJSP side of things- I think what is known, is already posted here in RR database, which is about the best info your going to find anyplace. I doubt either organization has anything special or unknown in use at PNC.

As far as the stagehands go, I worked in the electrical department- and frankly at that time, the stage hands really didn't use radios per say. I think the guys doing lighting (during shows) did have a form of intercom system, which I think was a wired system at the time(?)

My guess on parking, which I doubt gets a high level of concern, would be as someone said, common MURS or even FRS. Remember, the bulk of the people working this detail are high school or college kids working it as a seasonal position.

What could yield something or interest would be the actually management and the security firm. I know at one time they where using several input sides of UHF repeater pairs, minus the repeaters- example being 469.5500 and so on. Again, think small, decent coverage on direct.

Perhaps of most interest, and most elusive- the road crews that travel as part of the band, widely known as "roadies". Roadies are not the stage hand crews, and always seemed to have portables. Obviously the road crews would and should have radio equipment licensed as "itinerate" or IT. An IT licensed radio would be approved for use across the country- but I would venture a guess that some are pretty creative on what frequency they pop up on(?) Maybe someone with more recent info will pipe up?

MTACOP

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Pnc bank arts center 2017

Does anyone have any additional or updated information?

Seems like the NJSP and EMS are covered above, but the Live Nation staff isn't. I know they do use rental radios at other seasonal venues from BEARCOM. Some use repeaters and others do not.

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any additional or updated information?

Seems like the NJSP and EMS are covered above, but the Live Nation staff isn't. I know they do use rental radios at other seasonal venues from BEARCOM. Some use repeaters and others do not.

Ive worked a few concerts and large events at PNC with EMS and have yet to see any special frequency for the LiveNation staff, Monster when they come through bring their own system that appears to be GMRS or FRS, no repeater as the areas not that big and that staff stays within the actual arena itself.

As for the normal staff thats there all the time, no clue unfortunately.

scannersnstuff

don't forget, you will also be just a stone's throw from "telegraph hill". the njsp have a control site for their 800 & njics there.

lion2479

All Simplex:

CH1-464.500 DPL 346.
Security/Medical

CH2-451.9875 DPL 606
Parking

CH3-469.650 DPL 065
Operations

CH4-466.250 DPL 152
Production

CH5-462.2125 DPL 606
VIP/Sponsorship

CH6-463.9875 DPL 023
Unknown

CH7-464.9875 DPL 413
Security

Above Radio plan and labeling for PNC. Just note Security is on CH 1. EMS will also be monitoring this frequency as well.

EMT's assigned during a show use Kenwood radios and use a low power repeater off of Bayshore Hospital.

501.3875(R) 193.8 ctcss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lion2479

NJSP that are assigned the concert detail will be on 27088/69d GSP HQ talk group. Holmdel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTACOP

Retired
Premium Subscriber
All Simplex:

CH1-464.500 DPL 346.
Security/Medical

CH2-451.9875 DPL 606
Parking

CH3-469.650 DPL 065
Operations

CH4-466.250 DPL 152
Production

CH5-462.2125 DPL 606
VIP/Sponsorship

CH6-463.9875 DPL 023
Unknown

CH7-464.9875 DPL 413
Security

Above Radio plan and labeling for PNC. Just note Security is on CH 1. EMS will also be monitoring this frequency as well.

EMT's assigned during a show use Kenwood radios and use a low power repeater off of Bayshore Hospital.

501.3875(R) 193.8 ctcss

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.