PNSY 380 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The Philadelphia Naval Shipyard 380 MHz system is up & running. CC is 386.8125. Heard some traffic on TG 27491, probably police.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I have not listened in a couple of weeks...no traffic.
Reports are that this is (to be) part of a nationwide (or larger) system with a couple related sites operational in New England.

Did you catch the voice frequency? I previously had 386.3625 as a CC.

Guess I need to get this into the database....

Dave

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Didn't catch the freq, but I have your freq for the system too. Didn't hear anything today. I did submit to the DB yesterday. This is for the Navy's nationwide system, the goal is to have two emergency services dispatch centers, one in Jacksonville, the other in San Diego.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Another admin must have grabbed the submission.

Anyhow,
UTrunker says...
BEE00-14C
Site: 003-015
TDMA
NAC 140
386.3625d
386.8125d

TG 27442, 27613, 27992, 27599 logged (but not heard) and were all the same RID

Dave

ecps92

Submitted it weeks ago, to be changed from NWS Earle, but .... :(

BTW based on traffic heard from New London CT and Newport RI this is Worldwide vs Nationwide.

Didn't catch the freq, but I have your freq for the system too. Didn't hear anything today. I did submit to the DB yesterday. This is for the Navy's nationwide system, the goal is to have two emergency services dispatch centers, one in Jacksonville, the other in San Diego.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Does PNSY or Mechanicsburg report any Peers (adjacent sites) on UniTrunker?

chris

ecps92

Had to get me looking PNSY is usually Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard in Kittery Maine where No 380 activity has been found [Yet]

Does PNSY or Mechanicsburg report any Peers (adjacent sites) on UniTrunker?

chris

Audiodave1

Database Admin
CG,
No peers shown in UT.

Chris,
That's the local lingo for the ship yard. If you think it will be a problem I can change it. I think it is segregated enough with the long form name for the system but let me know if I need to change the tag if another system comes on line.

Dave

Last edited:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Ran UT on this system all day and not a single call so I suspect it is not carrying users locally yet.
RID 2000256 thru 59 affiliated in the late afternoon.

Anyone with system history care to check their logs for these RID's to see where they may be from...not that they couldn't be local techs but it is odd that the only activity was around midnight local time and none of them have made calls today, just affiliations around 5pm local.

Dave

cg

Premium Subscriber
I had logged activity on RIDs 2000227-2000236 while on a field trip to Newport RI on Wednesday. That site is not being used yet as there was still activity on the Hi Band channels.

chris

Audiodave1

Database Admin
2 days of monitoring and nothing new. No calls, just affiliations on the same TG's by the same previous users.

Dave

ecps92

Newport has had activity, mostly some Crane/Port ops, but the FD/PD are still VHF

I had logged activity on RIDs 2000227-2000236 while on a field trip to Newport RI on Wednesday. That site is not being used yet as there was still activity on the Hi Band channels.

chris

chankel

Premium Subscriber
RE: Phila Naval Shipyard system, we also need to consider that this system may also eventually be used for some comms at the Navy portion of Naval Support Activity Philadelphia which is located on Oxford Ave in the northeast part of the city contiguous with DLA's Defense Supply Center Philadelphia.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Still running unitrunker on this system 1-2 days a week. Some new radio ID's are showing up but spend most of the time offline. I have not been monitoring for voice comms but logged activity would seem to indicate we are still in commissioning stage.

Dave

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Dave, I was passing through Philly on Wednesday afternoon and had the system running in my 396XT - not a peep. So I think you are correct that they have not released the system there for subscribers yet. I will check again on Sunday when I come back through to the airport...

- Chris

Still running unitrunker on this system 1-2 days a week. Some new radio ID's are showing up but spend most of the time offline. I have not been monitoring for voice comms but logged activity would seem to indicate we are still in commissioning stage.

Dave

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Very good. I did log some calls in Ut today and am setting up the PSR800 to track and record for the rest of the wknd.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Was passing through Philadelphia this evening and actually caught some traffic on this site.

I also confirmed the site is at the shipyard. I pulled the antenna off of the 396XT and still had 5 bars as I drove by on I-95...

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.