Point Plesant Beach PD Encrypted Full Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Shore Listeners,

Southern Monmouth Co and Northern Ocean Co. I had a report from a good friend who travels to the Jersey Shore frequently is now reporting that Point Pleasant Beach PD is now encrypted 24/7.:confused:
Since I can't receive them from my location (just to far away even with external antenna)
I need those who are in range to verify this. If so what freq s and or service tag etc. (PD Dispatch Ch or ALL)

Thank you for any input on this.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Ken, it's been that way for a long time at least 2 years maybe more they have gone the way of Toms River and Kearny Police to name a few, I still see no reason for it, I am sure some people here will defend it, I am glad my department and the town where I live in Harrison DOES NOT support it, It will only take one cop to get killed directly because of it, in my opinion your taking the public eyes and ears away on helping the police in some cases.

I got to laugh because not too long ago there was a shooting or some major incident in Toms River the News Helicopters and the press where covering the story live as the Police where still arriving. The problem is you have Police Chiefs who think by encrypting there radio transmissions no one is going to know whats going on in there town, NOT.

Kearny NJ over the summer is another example, Fatal shooting on Kearny Avenue, News media, ( News 12 ) Setting up shop while the Police are still doing there investigation and the victim still wasn't removed from the scene. So Ken, get use to this on the law enforcement side of things its here to stay.

Tony M.
Harrison, NJ

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Warren & Tony,

Thanks for the info, I have updated the RR database in the "description" section to indicate (encryption) now being used for the towns mentioned.
I did not wish to open a "new" thread on encryption here. I just wanted to verify information from a good source. Again thanks for verifying.

My opinion on this topic can be found under this heading
Encryption (Killing) Killed the Scanning Hobby :(

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
ON the encryption topic...

There was a very infamous case of a scanner listener hearing a mayday of firefighters and alerting the dispatch directly.

There are many good reasons to have the public listen.

If it's sensitive, just use a cell phone or a designated encrypted channel. For everday comms... I don't get it.

DJ88

To the OP
You can also add "partial encryption" or "some encryption" or however you want to word it for the Berkeley Twp. (Ocean County) police frequencies.

scannersnstuff

ON the encryption topic...

There was a very infamous case of a scanner listener hearing a mayday of firefighters and alerting the dispatch directly.

There are many good reasons to have the public listen.

kenisned , it's o.k. for you to say "hackensack". what a sad case of some mistaken radio programming.
i guess the people that screwed that up feel terrible about it. sometime's a simple screw up has ramification's all the way down the line.

i really do not think that there is any reason to encrypt fire communication's.

it's terrible for a department to lose 1 man. let alone 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
Please folks please direct this discussion on encryption its pro and cons etc to the proper forum on this topic.
Again, I did not wish to open a "new" thread on encryption here.

To stay on topic and in conclusion if any one else reading this has information on any agency in NJ using full time i.e. 24/7 encryption for general operations. PD-FD-EMS Dispatch etc please let me know preferably by using the submit info on RR page. Please do not submit partial use and or use on tactical or surveillance frequencies talk groups. ;)

Thank you,

mondaro

Feed Provider
Ken...

Don't see the harm in a few people making comments here on that topic, If you read this NJ forum for any length of time here you will notice that the NJ forum polices itself for the most part I been a member here for years and I can count on one hand when a moderator had to step in. just my 2 cents.

Tony

crazyboy

There's been discussion on this forum of things that if heard did not need to be posted about. If people would think before they posted, instead of posting and wondering why everything is encrypted things might be a little different. I'm not saying I'm a fan of encryption, like everything it has it's place.

SCPD

QRT
Just to keep things fair, I have added in Wiki section under under the title encryption, Encrypted Agencies a page for New Jersey. Here I have started to list those agencies with in NJ who have 24/7 encrypted operations.
I hope also to add those agencies who are using "un-monitor-able" trunked systems like "Open Sky" etc.

mondaro

Feed Provider
one hint about listening to these system or should I say trying to, in the case of Kearny PD someone at dispatch played with the console one night and trip a switch that put them in the clear this lasted for a few months where you could hear the dispatcher, then someone played with the switch again and we can't hear them anyone, one nice thing about the new 996xt is if a transmission is encrypted it automatically mutes the transmission. Happy monitoring.

Highpockets

Just to keep things fair, I have added in Wiki section under under the title encryption, Encrypted Agencies a page for New Jersey. Here I have started to list those agencies with in NJ who have 24/7 encrypted operations.
I hope also to add those agencies who are using "un-monitor-able" trunked systems like "Open Sky" etc.

I believe Deal and Asbury Park in Monmouth County Enc full time also, I'll be corrected if I'm wrong real quick.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
Stafford Twsp PD in Ocean County used to be encrypted on 460.050 123.0 but lately they have not been encrypted at all. I have been receiving all transmissions.

Highpockets

Stafford Twsp PD in Ocean County used to be encrypted on 460.050 123.0 but lately they have not been encrypted at all. I have been receiving all transmissions.

I haven't be able to receive Stafford Twp in a week, are they still using 460.275 (Dispatch) and did they go Digital? It was entered into the Wiki (Encrypted Agencies) by knieglos as P25 Digital and encrypted. :confused:

SCPD

QRT
Stafford Twsp

Highpockets & Fireman Dude

First of all there are two frequencies listed in this thread for Stafford Twsp. 460.0500 PL 123.O and 460.275

Their FCC licenses KFK647 & WQET394 suggest 4 possible repeaterized frequencies. 460.0500, 460.2750, 453.0750 and 453.2250

Now, If it's P25 it can't use CTCSS but a NAC code instead. Since I can't monitor Stafford Twsp. directly from here in NNJ. I need you folks who are closer to monitor these frequencies and either submit your findings to RR or even post them here. Then the DB or Wiki pages can be updated accordingly. Again I try to be as accurate as possible by taking in submissions from RR users and doing a little research before changing the DB.

Also agencies have switched from full-time encryption to operating in the clear i.e, Rutherford NJ and also "vice versa" like Jackson Twsp. There are so many variables. So you the listener are the best resource to determining when any agency switches to something new.

To clear this up I would suggest monitoring all 4 UHF frequencies to see whats up. Then the information can up updated and changed in the DB or WIKI.

Thanks for reading :wink:.

Last edited:

DJ88

According to East Coast Scanning, 453.2250 is Dial-A-Ride, which is probably senior citizens transport. 453.0750 is under the same license (KFK647) as the other "known" PD frequencies, 460.2750 and 460.0500, so I would definitely check that one out.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Spent the last 2 summers in Stafford Twp as I watch my brother try to kill himself on his boat in the Barnegat bay, Anyway most of the Police Radio Traffic was on 460.275 mainly first aid calls and doing speed traps on Millcreek road.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I heard Stafford PD dispatch on 460.050 DPL: 503 last week (analog). This is very low power, and I can only pick it up in Toms River with a good attic-mounted antenna. I will listen tonight to see if I can still get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.