Police Activity On 45.62 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Currently, VHF-Low band is wide-open with a lot of great DX. I am hearing a police department on 45.62 MHz, with a DPL of 311. They sound like they are from the East Coast or New England areas. Does anyone have a clue as to whom this might be?

73s

Ron

Sporadic E enthusiast
No idea who that is but the east cost has been active on 33-34 MHz this morning from 10 am to 1 pm and then 6:30 pm to present. Also very active on Sunday almost all day till about 7 pm. Received many signals from the New England area here in North Carolina.To many to list. Forgot to mention, I was using a rubber duck on one scanner and no problem.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Ron. I hurried up and tuned down on VHF-LO even though I don't have a low-band antenna hooked up.

Was getting a ton of spanish stations up into Ohio, some traffic from the Northeast such as Ulster Co NY on 33.48 paging out "highland fire dept" and then later on woodstock company 95 to glasco turnpike.

Lot of traffic, although the openings fade out as quick as they fade in. I haven't been and don't plan on taking notes... just tuning.

I never think to listen for skip in the winter :)

Mike

Thunderbolt

Right now Maryland State Police are booming in here on 39.40 MHz. From what I can tell, it's Barrack B Frederick.

73s

Ron

Thunderbolt

More on the law enforcement agency on 45.62 MHz, transmitting a DPL of 311. One of the officers stopped a person who had a valid misdemeanor warrant from Troop D in Butler. However, the pickup area was only good for 100 miles, and they were well outside that area. So they advised the person and let them go.

73s

Ron

Thunderbolt

I can't believe the number of illegal CB operators that operating on the 10 meter band above 28.000 MHz, in AM mode. Right now on 28.135 MHz is a prime example with two truck drivers talking to each other. They are in the Sudbury, Mass. area

73s

Ron

Last edited:

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Im going to speculate on this..

Bearing the reference to Troop D Butler.. Which is for PA state police Butler Troop D HQ and the reference to no pickup outside 100 miles.

Over in the central part of the state is Franklin and fulton county. Side by side.. they both have licenses on these freqs and i believe they still use it.. However with no listing in the DB i cant be 100% sure.

Frank

n3zra

Troop D Butler, PA is on the state wide system unless they were on the vhf frequencies for some reason it is doubtful that you heard them. They primarily operate on the 800 system and use the vhf to communicate to the neighboring units. PSP does not have any vhf lo frequencies that I know of in use.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I never said PSP is on lowband. I made the reference to Troop D and Butler as a guess. If you reread my post.. They heard transmission on the lowband channel.. I suspect it to be Out east past bedford county as they still use that as a police dispatch however i cant confirm that.

Ive seen the Troop d Butler reference on CLEAN/NCIC hits for warrants out of that area.

Frank

Last edited:

n3zra

I once seen PSP low band listing back in the early 90's but from what I know they went off the low band for base to base around then. I must have misread your statement, my mistake.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
the butler in MO is Troop E..

Butler PSP is troop D and its their Troop HQ

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.