Police and fire tac`s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2125

I have trouble finding tac channels when dispatch says to go to tac channel so and so. Any tips?

Anoka and Hennepin cty, MN

wogggieee

Program them into your radio from the database here and then switch to the tac that the dispatch says.

david8521f

HTAC's

If you are listening to police depts in Hennepin county, they often use HTAC channels instead of PTAC. The dispatcher will assign "Tac 3" for example, which means go to HTAC3. Hope this helps.

mmtstc

Premium Subscriber
there are a couple of agencies that also have their own tacs in addition to htacs... but typically, if it is one of the system or region wide Interop Tactical TG's, then the dispatchers will use the real term for the tactical resource... also listen for some changes to how agencies use the tacs over the next couple of months... may make for some more interesting listening... we have a couple big changes coming down the pipes for those of us who are end users of the system...

hamelfire

there are a couple of agencies that also have their own tacs in addition to htacs... but typically, if it is one of the system or region wide Interop Tactical TG's, then the dispatchers will use the real term for the tactical resource... also listen for some changes to how agencies use the tacs over the next couple of months... may make for some more interesting listening... we have a couple big changes coming down the pipes for those of us who are end users of the system...
What's comming down the line? I am an end user and the only big thing that I know of in Henn Cty is the new box system comming in the very near future. I haven't heard anything else other thant some minor reprogramming here in the west with the addition of Wright. And it's department specific with talk group's being added and deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.