Police Department Ride Alongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

oktex88

Does anyone know of any agencies near Edmond, OK that offers ride alongs. I'm just interested in learning more about the career field. I remember putting in a form to the Edmond Police Department to do a ride along about a year ago but they never called me back and I never really followed up on it.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Ride alongs can be fun, but are better if you know the officer somewhat. I know that TPD offers them sometimes not sure about OHP. Of course this isn't around Edmond, but a lot of departments have different rules regarding RA's. Sapulpa just recently returned to allowing them again after a tragedy several years ago when a Officers Father was riding with him and they got in a terrible accident which killed the Father.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I did a ride along with Burns Flat PD about 10 years ago. Got to drive the one and only unit (ford tarus) thru the course at the OHP school. Nice. but since I was a evoc instructor anyway, it wasn't anything new. Try driving a big EMSA rig thru the course...lol.

KX5MOT

I know MWC PD does them or did them up until a year ago at least, i have done several with them. They want a 24 hour advance notice though. You can go into their lobby and talk to them or call up there.

mfolta1

try skiatook, its worth the trip. youll get to spend the whole shift with the whacky dispatcher, and maybe get a wild animal call at the wal-mart.....lol!

oktex88

Does OHP do ride alongs? I think it would be cool do do a ride along up/down I-35.

Where is OHP's closest station to Edmond?

mfolta1

Does OHP do ride alongs? I think it would be cool do do a ride along up/down I-35.

Where is OHP's closest station to Edmond?

yes they do, and youll have a blast if ya ride with a young trooper! dont know where the nearest hq is near edmond, check online and maybe youll find it.

car2back

try skiatook, its worth the trip. youll get to spend the whole shift with the whacky dispatcher, and maybe get a wild animal call at the wal-mart.....lol!

The new Chief stopped ridealongs in his first week there earlier this year :evil:

If you're looking at places this far east, contact Osage County SO. They get some crazy $#!* for being out in the boondocks. Running code in the Charger from north Tulsa to Pawhuska for a drunk knife wielding Indian is always fun ;)

Last edited:

Gilligan

Database Admin
I did a ride-along w/ Village PD once and also OCPD Santa Fe. Village was very quiet but OCPD was crazy (it was a Friday or Saturday night). One call after another -- it was a blast!

SCPD

QRT
I have had a ride along with Midwest City and Norman Police Departments this Summer. You just go to the Police Headquarters Building. Ask the Clerk behind the window for a Ride-Along form. You will have to fill it out and then get your signature notarized. Then return it to the HQ. I was called within the week. I don't know if it makes a difference that I am a Police Officer Applicant or not. With Midwest City, I could pick the shift over the form. With Norman, I had to pick the shift and date and place it on the form upon returning it. As far as getting a Ride-Along from OKC, I have been cancelled from ride alongs more than I have been able to go on. They are really busy.

On a side note, any word about when Midwest City Police will go back to the state system? When I went on the ride-along they had just gone back to UHF from the state system because of "technical isssues"

Status
Not open for further replies.