Police Funeral :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoDave

Going to my first ever police funeral today for retired Captain Gary Childs. He was my Lt. in the radio room a few years back, and I must say he was a helluva guy. He was not a "yes man" to the brass, he stood up for us and he fought for us harder than anyone I knew before or since. Everyone that spoke of him always comlimented him on being a great officer, a great commander and a great person.
Captain Childs was seriously injured in a motorcycle wreck in 2007 and it broke his back. He was paralyzed from the waist down. I kept up with his progress via a blog his girlfriend posted on, he fought really hard to rehab himself just to get into a wheelchair. Upon completion of his rehab he came back to work in the admin building in the records division. When most people would have just given up, he didnt. He retired earlier this year (i think)

Captain Childs died in a one vehicle wreck this week. His van ran off the road and flipped,

May he rest in peace.

My moment of silence for him "-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Dave

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear of the loss of another good officer, Dave. I know the funeral was special.

Status
Not open for further replies.