Police Impersonators

Status
Not open for further replies.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Oh the whackers. We seem to have our fair share of them here.
They seem to be getting bolder.
Someday, one of these wannabes is going to pull over someone who has no qualms about fighting with actual cops and get there a$$ handed to them or worse...

wuzafuzz

Back when I was a copper in CA, I heard about a whacker who pulled over an off-duty cop. As Gomer Pyle would say: "surprise, surprise, surprise!" Didn't end well for the wannabe. Guessing he didn't earn any friends in jail when they found out why he was there.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Most departments in this area will not make a stop with a unmarked as a primary. There's usually a black and white as a second for this reason.

n9zas

ff-medic

Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
This happended in my locale , ahh = ?? about 1992.

The guy actually pulled over a Cops wife ( Cop is now a Sheriffs Deputy ).

He was caught, but what actually became of the disposition of the case..I do not know.

Had some supervisors in my time, whom thought they were cops. EMS supervisor making a traffic stop, ran the tag..AND dispatch gave it to them. The 9-1-1 Director about had a seizure when they heard that one of their dispatchers gave an EMS supervisor the results of a DMV check , while the EMS supervisor was on a traffic stop.

Had one that put three antennas on the back of their EMS supervisors cruiser - a Ford Sedan = ?? Crown Vic Police Interceptor ( with only one VHF radio inside ) , in my opinion...so it would look like a police cruiser. The exact same one, liked flashing headlights ( Illegal except for WV Law Enforcement )..Again = So it would look like a police crusier. Fanatics I tell you.

My cousin walked into the local Emergency Room about June of "92" and impersonated a police officer / informant?? / U.C ???. Not much came out of it, one of the Detachement Troopers, whom retired from Govenors Security ; did not file charges after my cousin was interviewed. You would have thought growing up in Florida , he would have known better. But at the time, I knew, well ; most of the L/Es in the county from being in the Fire / EMS service. Jealousy , Ignorance , h@ll = spontaneous combustion. I don't have a clue why he did it.

People want to be cops, act like cops - but never want to go through an approved / accredited academy ; and / or they have no prior education or training at all ( military - former location as a L/E officer. ). It happens. To much TV, movies...who knows.

The day to day grind, the discipline it takes, the physical and mental stress of day to day operations and work as a L/E Officer - some just cannot hack it.

I had a Fire Chief one time run a tag..On a burning car , before it was burnt to a crisp. I can see that - he passed the info to L/E when they arrived.

Emergencys, possible threat to location, a building , or society, I can see that ; and sometimes it probably has been done. But for non L/E / Security , to run a tag for routine or non emergency circumstances. Why?

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:

ff-medic

Banned
They are going to mess around and pull over a legit cop then what.....

Be Safe

In some places..get charged with a misdemeanor.

Power and authority, the abillity that a L/E officer has. Impersonating one in each state should be a felony. 18 months minimum incarceration.

I'm no legislator though.

FF - Medic !!

ff-medic

Banned
Well, you can't play Good Fake Cop/Bad Fake Cop unless you have a partner....

One day these whackers are gonna get whacked.

Any questions, any doubt - drive to a lighted or populated area and then pull over , or call 9-1-1 and verify the person behind you is a Law Enforcement officer. ( I woudl be in trouble , I dont carry my cell phone with me, it stays at my house - I refuse to be attached to the thing , my job does not require it. )

:) If 10 or 15 police crusiers eventually get behind you cause you will not pull over, then it is probably the real thing. ( LMAO ).

I would rather tell the judge / magistrate my side of the story, after I was arrested - than quite possibly wind up serious injured, killed or kidnapped.

FF - Medic !!!

ff-medic

Banned
Most departments in this area will not make a stop with a unmarked as a primary. There's usually a black and white as a second for this reason.

n9zas

Good tactic.

I wish " Blue lights" for L/E was nationwide. Somestates have L/E as being red ( Pennsylvaina, California ) , and some agencys use both, either red or blue as their emergency lights.

I wish lights were standard - Blue = L/E. Red = EMS / Fire / SAR / Rescue.

FF - Medic !!

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
its very unusual to hear of whackers in fully decked out in police interceptors with uniforms and lights. I've seen some up here in crown vics that will trail the real sheriffs deputies and drive by when they are on scene and I've even seen one trail two deputies who were going to lunch at Pizza Hut casually roll through the parking lot and leave.

Farscan

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe they were imposters, he may have called the wrong places to find out who they were, but texting when they were there-- gave him pretty poor memory of where he was or what happened. Chances of two fake cops 1:1,000,000. Chances of the guy being wrong---100%

scanningisfun

I don't believe they were imposters, he may have called the wrong places to find out who they were, but texting when they were there-- gave him pretty poor memory of where he was or what happened. Chances of two fake cops 1:1,000,000. Chances of the guy being wrong---100%

That's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.