Police in Defuniak Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jharr465

Premium Subscriber
The city PD in Defuniak Springs on 460.025 mhz has been silent since 7 July. Anyone have any information as to what the problem is? Have they changed systems or gone DMR?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The city PD in Defuniak Springs on 460.025 mhz has been silent since 7 July. Anyone have any information as to what the problem is? Have they changed systems or gone DMR?

Possible Tone has changed? If not they may gone to DMR. I didn't see anything on the FCC License for DMR. Than again might went to SLERs hard to say what happen.

Last edited:

jharr465

Premium Subscriber
I found the PD using frequency 460.125 mhz this evening. A quick check with the FCC database shows they have two frequencies licensed. The database only shows 460.025, but apparently they have a backup. Their main channel must be down for some reason.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I found the PD using frequency 460.125 mhz this evening. A quick check with the FCC database shows they have two frequencies licensed. The database only shows 460.025, but apparently they have a backup. Their main channel must be down for some reason.

Did you catch the pl tone?

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
De Funiak Springs

I'm over here in SE Alabama. Heard someone on 460.125 clear and encrypted DMR. It is also
being transmitted on 460.55. I can't find a correlation in the FCC database between the two.

Mil

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
De Funiak Springs

I finally listened to the recordings DSD made while 460.125 was transmitting.
Seems to be Graceville and Jackson County has a freq on 460.55 so there is
the correlation. I guess Graceville and DeFuniak Springs are far enough apart
to not cause interference.

Mil

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Defuniak Springs PL tone

I heard Defuniak tonight using NFM with a PL tone of 186.2. Graceville and
Jackson county tx a burst of DMR data every minute so I had to listen for a while
to get the tone. I have not used PL tones and I googled the list and 186.2 is the closest
to what I am hearing.

Mil

Status
Not open for further replies.