Police Radio DC - MPD on your iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

emillerrr

As Lindsay said in the other thread, RadioReference has put a feed appliance online for the DC area. In partnership with RR, I've incorporated the Washington Police feed into a new iPhone app, Police Radio DC. Check it out!

iTunes: Police Radio DC - the iTunes Store

It includes a map of the DC police districts so you can see where the audio is coming from. (The district lights up orange when there's a lock.) And... that's all the app does! If you have any feedback just leave a note on this thread and I'll try to get back to you. I hope you like it!

arvellabill

Although I have been listening to police radios since 1956 I heard a new term on thursday last and any one who listens to these transmissions or for that matter any TV will appreciate. Two radio techs were operating on the DC Police freq. of 159.150 this was the old police patch of city wide one and P-Mars and could be heard as far away as 75 miles on good nights. any way the techswere doing a one to five test when their signal broke up one of the tech's said to the other try that again your signal just went "digital"., I found this very funny, and as we all know very informative. arvellabill

beastieboy101

I have head the Richmond Dispatchers on the new STARS system sometimes tell units they went "DIGITAL" but they are always broadcasting P25 Digital. What I heard was just some skips and weird beeps during the transmissions by the units talking to richmond. I assume this is just a weak signal on the transmitting radio. Is this what you heard arvellabill? I thought the old 159.150 was conventional not digital. But i could be wrong. i dont listen to dc to much.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
I thought the old 159.150 was conventional not digital. But i could be wrong. i dont listen to dc to much.

Surely you meant analog not digital? It was analog, but now 159.1500 is conventional P25 digital and is used for federal interoperability.

DDC185

A few years ago, 159.15 was patched to the CW-1 tg. Is 159.15 now patched to anything or even monitored by anyone (feds, DC dispatch center)?

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.