police radio set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostdog

i was wondering how the law enf has their radio's set up and what are they listening too. are the lock on to desp or are they scanning with priority on just wondering they work thanks ghostdog

ghostdog

what was wondering is their radio's layout & what are they locked on to dispatch or scanning local traffic

Last edited:

Magnetsteve

Usually depends on the officer, the department, there policy...umm, what channels are in there radio...etc. But best I could figure, the biggest part is probably the officers preference. Some agencys where I live/work have a radio system that no one else has so they do not have that option of scanning anyone else (without a seperate radio/scanner of couse)

walld13

radio

I find that it Depends on the Dept what there needs are and how many chanels they need.
Mostly i find that officers do not scan the chanels they leave the radio on the main dispatch chanel,
they only scan if somthing is going on in the valley that is what most the the officers tell me any way
that may not include every one how ever some might scan

N7YUO

To learn about the basic template for all UCAN radios, go here:
The Utah Communication Agency Networks

Using the Salt Lake Co. Sheriff Radios as an example, (This was the setup before rebanding)
Zone 1 is all the Sheriff channels plus all the regionals
Zone 2 is the other local police agencies in the county
Zone 3 is all the Ops and all the Fire channels
Zone 4 is all the Event TGs
Zone 5 is all the Ops, State Rpts, State TA, & National 800s (ITACs)
Zone 6 is backup channels (on another trunked system)
Zone 7 is SLC, Airport, UU, Davis, Summit, Tooele, Utah Co, Wasatch, Weber & UDOT for the canyons
Zone 8 is the Search & Rescue TGs and State TA's
Zone 9 is Corrections & other miscellaneous TGs
Zone 10 is, was, the TGs from the old system that SLCO had before joining UCAN
Zone 11 is the SWAT ZONE
Zone 12 is the SLCO Services, Roads, Parks, Delta Center, Aging Services, Trash,

N7YUO

thanks for the reply all of you know so much it is amazing N7YUO knows utah very well thanks ghostdog

Ahem! I wouldn't know all that I know about Utah if it weren't for all the efforts of kf7yn, ww7y, Junior, kd7rto, n6brr, D Wall, n7olq, and many others who now choose to remain anonymous. All of us have been sharing information since trunking began to take over, around December 2000.
The Utah forum on RadioReference is just a continuation of what we began a decade ago. I just wish more of the old crew would post once in a while to let us know they are still with us. Best regards, Smitty.

Rolfman

Occasionally some will have their handheld on one channel and the car radio on another, usually dispatch and the talk around channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.