• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Police Raid: Baby Monitors Seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacombMonitor

Snagged from Strong Signals, and thanks to Ulis Fleming of RadioIntel for providing this press article out of the UK. Thanks guys!

POLICE RAID: BABY MONITORS SEIZED

POLICE raided a Glenrothes man's home and took away baby monitors after he claimed they had picked-up telephone calls between a housing manager and a neighbour with whom he had fallen out.

http://www.fifenow.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1019&ArticleID=1547566

car2back

I was hooking my Super Nintendo up to the television 10 or so years ago when I jacked something up and starting hearing the local PD dispatch ON THE TV! :confused:

MacombMonitor

phil_smith said:
I was hooking my Super Nintendo up to the television 10 or so years ago when I jacked something up and starting hearing the local PD dispatch ON THE TV! :confused:
Old TV's with the manual tuner for UHF TV, could receive some police bands. Better watch out, the NSA will be taking your TV away! :p

car2back

MacombMonitor said:
Old TV's with the manual tuner for UHF TV, could receive some police bands. Better watch out, the NSA will be taking your TV away! :p
that old thing is in the landfill somewhere.... I think it would be 25ish this year.... 5 years older than me! It had the old rotary channel selector and NO remote! (at least it was color!)

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
Anybody want my Heatkit GR-900 25" TV I put together in 1972? It still works and has a rotary tuner;)

N

N_Jay

Thayne said:
Anybody want my Heatkit GR-900 25" TV I put together in 1972? It still works and has a rotary tuner;)
Was that the high end color TV that came with the "electronics training course"?

They were cool.

(For those who don't remember, they used to "sell" a electronis training class mostly to Vets since it would be paid for as a "school" and most of the "class" was building the top end Heathkit TV.)

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
It wasn't a training course, but the books that came with it make a 4.5" stack.

It even has a motor that turns the rotary tuner and motorized "Tambour doors" that close when you turn it off. It was $700 back then, my dad said I was nuts to pay that much for something that I had to put together. My first wife & I did all the assembly on the kitchen table. 2nd wife says get rid of it, but I say I'm too old to carry it out;)

N

N_Jay

Thayne said:
It wasn't a training course, but the books that came with it make a 4.5" stack.

It even has a motor that turns the rotary tuner and motorized "Tambour doors" that close when you turn it off. It was $700 back then, my dad said I was nuts to pay that much for something that I had to put together. My first wife & I did all the assembly on the kitchen table. 2nd wife says get rid of it, but I say I'm too old to carry it out;)
Explain to your "next Ex-Wife" that it is a classic piece of equipment and deserves to be retained!:twisted: :D :twisted:

If she says it is "old and should be disposed of", just clear your throat loudly!:lol: :lol:

P.S. You were nuts, everyone else I know who built one got it free by submitting the cost of the "Training" to the VA for reimbursement! ;)

Last edited:

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
I couldn't do the VA thing, I went to college to be a draft dodger ;)

N

N_Jay

Thayne said:
I couldn't do the VA thing, I went to college to be a draft dodger ;)
I'm a bit too young to be a draft dodger, but did the college thing.

I do know 4 people who got the free TV, Errr, I meant took the training course.:lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.