Police Scanning in Dover, Randolph, Rockaway and Denville

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucho-nyc

Using a scanner, can the user listen to all police communications while on the road? Can this scanner really do that in the towns of Morris County? In particular: Dover, Randolph, Rockaway and Denville. I am interested to try Uniden BC246T Scanner. Please let me know how well it works in the field. Thank you.

Highpockets

Using a scanner, can the user listen to all police communications while on the road? Can this scanner really do that in the towns of Morris County? In particular: Dover, Randolph, Rockaway and Denville. I am interested to try Uniden BC246T Scanner. Please let me know how well it works in the field. Thank you.

I don't own that scanner, but, I can tell you it will receive those towns according to the database, Morris County Trunked system has digital talk groups, so if you wanted to listen to them, you'll need a digital scanner. Maybe someone from up that way will add to this, I'd also try to find out if any one of those towns has plans of going digital in the near future.

Highpockets

Thank you for you kind response. I am new to scanning. I just assumed all scanners were "digital" because they had digital readouts.

Do you have any recommendation for handheld digital scanners?

Uniden only offers one digital scanner product (BCD396T).
http://uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=BCD396T&filter=Digital

Thank you.

Radio Shack has the Pro96 - / - GRE has the PSR500

You can read a little about all of them here:

http://www.scannermaster.com/Digital_Scanners_s/269.htm

Last edited:

RocketNJ

Of the towns you listed, Rockaway Boro is on the Morris County trunked system. Rockaway Twp is not.

In addition to Rockaway Boro, Wharton, Mine Hill, Mountain Lks, Boonton Twp, Harding, Mendham Twp, Mendham Boro, Netcong, and Mt Arlington are on the trunked system. Police, fire and EMS for those towns are on the trunked system. Paging is still on conventional channels.

I have a 396T as well as 996 and really like them with the latest firmware.

I have not had chance to try to RS or GRE scanners to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.