policy on subitting temporary/event/sports frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

What is the database policy for frequencies that are used for annual sporting events one weekend a year but have no actvity the rest of the year?
The event in question is Hotter N Hell Hundred - The RadioReference Wiki.
They use what appears to be two permanent repeaters that are dead the rest of the year.
It don't know who actually owns them. No FCC callsigns, voice or CW ID, are ever used.
Should something like that be submitted to the database?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sure. There's a lot of frequencies like that in the database. Generally we just tag them with the event and the year and people will have a place to start searching from next year.

nd5y

I went ahead and submitted the information it but the admin that worked the submission put it on the county wiki page, which already had a link to the wiki article I posted above with nearly the same name, instead of the database. I guess there are different rules for diffrerent admins and database areas.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
According to the DB Admin Handbook, temporary non-reccurring use frequencies are to be kept in the Wiki.
Regular recurring frequencies for special events are to be on an "Events" agency page in the database.
Since your event is recurring, they should go in the database.
I'd add a note to your submission pointing out the Section 6.1.2 of the Handbook and ask the Admin to reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.