Polk Co Nat Gas Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Polk Co. FD is fighting a serious fire in the Mill Springs area tonight. It's some sort of natural gas "sub-station." They have evacuated the area, have closed numerous roads, and they're calling for tankers from all surrounding counties. Multiple tankers from Spartanburg County are there or are in route for water shuttling. Tanker ops are on State Fire (154.280) and primary ops are on Polk Co FD (154.965/186.2PL). Probably other channels are in use but I can't hear them from my location.

Thoughts on the best VIPER site to monitor? I'm monitoring Hi Windy now but I'm not seeing much activity.

trumpetman

Database Admin
There isn't much of VIPER in the Polk County area. Boiling Springs, Ben's Knob, & High Windy are probably the closest sitse to it, which are well out of range. I doubt you're going to hear much unless county EM comes up on a channel, but that's all I would expect.

The fireground channel was polk county fire. I am a henderson county fireman and they toned us for all 3000 plus gallon tankers. no polk county does not use viper as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.