Polk Co/RACOM system question

Status
Not open for further replies.

desksgt

I anticipate purchasing a Uniden Bearcat BCD996P2 to monitor Polk Co (while I'm in western Jasper Co). And probably Westcom, as well as DMPD and of course ISP . I used to listen to Polk Co on a BCT15, but haven't been able to hear them since they went digital. While I was looking at the options for purchase on the Scanner Master website, it appears that I can buy a DMR Update & ProVoice Update for the BCD996P2 during the initial purchase (for $75 a piece). Do I need to get them (to listen now) and/or should I purchase them for future use in Iowa? I'm really not that familiar with what they are/what they'll do for me (aside from costing an additional $150.00). Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Get DMR for public works or businesses, I don't think provoice would be a help, all provoice tgs on RACOM I have seen on software came up as encrypted. BTW if you buy the license on Uniden's website they are cheaper but only go that way if you feel comfortable connecting your computer to the scanner.

desksgt

Thx! Wasn't sure, not really interested in listening to any public works or private business's, so I'll take your advice and forego getting them. I'd be capable of loading it myself, if it was necessary. Thought that in the event it would be required to listen to them, then I'd just go ahead and get it pre-installed (no problem hooking it to my computer for the software). But doesn't look like I'll need to. Thanks again, you two, for your advice. Looking forward to hearing Polk Co again!

Status
Not open for further replies.