Polk County, Fl. P25 Simulcast Problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedi1000

Since Polk County turned on the new Simulcast system, a friend and I have been experiencing reception problems on 7 diferent scanners. (Uniden and GRE) The signal strength meter will fluctuate from 1 to all bars and then it will cycle again, etc. This is the only system in Florida that we have experienced this problem with. There are times when the scanners will not receive anything for a long period of time and then start talking. We have tried control channels only and loading the whole site into the scanners. This happens when the radio is stationary and in the mobile. Before they swithed to the P25 system, the anolog sys worked the scanners just fine.
Can anyone shed some light on this? Has anyone experienced this in thier area? Any help to educate me regarding this would be greatly apprecicated.
Thanks in advance,
Jim

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Jim, I've not listened to PCSO since

they went digital, but I've read that other people living elsewhere in the USA that has simulcast system, have the same problem as you and your friend. I think it is location, location, location. Have they erected the new tower up by Poinciana yet?
Do you use a directional antenna or omni? You may be able to either purchase or build your own Yagi and point it to the tower on Thompson Nursery Road (SO's substation by Hwy 27) and eleminate the fading out fluctuation.
Don't know if this little bit of nonsense will help you or not, but the Yagis are very good for directional pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.